Aftermarket Hu Preamp Voltage W/ Bose Amp

I put a Pioneer AVH-P2400BT in my 04 SSS w/Bose about a month back, using the appropriate GMOS04 adapter. Everything went fine and is working ok, but it seems to me that the volume from the stock BOSe speakers is not quite what it was with the stock head unit. Pretty sweet unit other than that. Does anyone know what the output signal voltage is on the stock radio? My Pioneer only has 2v preamp outputs and wondering if a unit with 4volt would give a noticeable increase in volume? Anyone know for sure? If so, I might upgrade to the AVH-P4400 or 8400...

***UPDATE*** So i went ahead and upgraded to the 4400, and there is a noticeable difference in volume with this unit and my previous that had 2v outputs. Based on this, if you are going to be working with the stock Bose amp and speakers through a GM0S-04 harness, I recommend a head unit with at least 4v preamp outputs unless you dont mind losing a bit of volume!

Attached pic is of the new unit, Pioneer AVH-P4400BH. Pretty slick receiver. HD Radio, USB, DVD, Motorized face, Bluetooth, Pandora, rear-cam input, etc. One of our members may notice i am using his picture as the background on my screen. I dont remember who's it is, but hope he/she doesnt mind! crackup.gif

post-22937-076407500 1332884027_thumb.jpg

Edited by dls4523 (see edit history)

Get an aftermarket amp to power your speakers! It will sound better anyways.

I agree and maybe at some point, but for now I would be more than satisfied with the sound if it had the volume of the factory radio, along with the alpine sub/amp to fill the low end.

Edited by dls4523 (see edit history)

I put in a Kenwood deck and noticed the same thing. The stock stereo has separate high and low output to the amp when you put in an aftermarket amp with the Bose adapter the deck will send both high and low into the Bose to the speakers causing it to take more power than stock and makes it not as loud (also blows the speakers real easily so watch out but it will happen sooner or later...) Best bet is to go buy an amp and speakers... I waited until mine blew then did this.banghead.gif Sucks ass... But now i have a nice systemdriving.gif

Anybody correct me if I am wrong.