390" Ls Engine

I would guess that this would be considered 'overkill' for us...I am torn between a nice 408 (like Zippys Build) or FI (more suited for 6.0L and Bigger). Kind of a side note Shawn, but whats the last thing you did to the race car?? I was getting tired of the ups and downs of planning the next round of mods for the SSS and started to work on my other project more...allwoing me to get my hands dirty and still enjoy the SSS. It helps that my rat project is powered by a LQ9 so I am still able to get my LSx fix

I wanted to make a pass yestersday...it was sunny and 36, dry...truck was super responsive with that cold air.

I'm with you. I agree with his comments on the bigger stroke but then my mind really starts to wander. If 4" is good, then how about a tall deck with 4.25" of stroke and some really good heads...... crackup.gif Makes sense to me - lol!

I had a local guy (Reiter) update my cage to 25.5 over the winter. Diamond is making custom 2" - 2 1/8" headers for it right now. Once that is done (probably this week) he is going to begin fabbing the intercooler tubing. 4" tubes will be run into the passenger compartment (intercooler is mounted where the rear seat used to be). Then, I can final assemble the motor and get it on the dyno. After that, install it and plumb the car. Needs a little patching to the electrical and some other misc odds and ends like the parachute, paint cage, etc. I was hoping to have it running for the 1st heads up race at Milan but due to money and time, it will probably be more realistic to shoot for later in the season....Sigh. I had it running in 07 and thought what the hell, might as well upgrade the C-4 for a glide, upgrade the D2R blower for an F2, then go from side slinger to crank drive blower, then motor plate, chassis update, hell might as well go intercooled now.....and the rest has been down hill ever since! happy.gif Ck out my photobucket---bunch of crappy pictures, but better then nothing I guess. I took a bunch that really sucked before I realized my cellphone protector/cover that was covering up the camera lense was all scratched up and cloudy!!! WTF, lol!

http://s744.photobucket.com/albums/xx87/slowfive0/Mustang/

Do you have any info/pics of your project? I would love to ck them out. I hear ya on the weather----man they love this cold air. Track opens this weekend---I'm hoping it's 35^!!!! reddevil.gif I'll be out there if so--drool.gif You get any further with your truck since we last talked? I think it needs a TVS yellow_loser.gif

I would guess that this would be considered 'overkill' for us...I am torn between a nice 408 (like Zippys Build) or FI (more suited for 6.0L and Bigger). Kind of a side note Shawn, but whats the last thing you did to the race car?? I was getting tired of the ups and downs of planning the next round of mods for the SSS and started to work on my other project more...allwoing me to get my hands dirty and still enjoy the SSS. It helps that my rat project is powered by a LQ9 so I am still able to get my LSx fix

I wanted to make a pass yestersday...it was sunny and 36, dry...truck was super responsive with that cold air.