Gmc C3

MARTYW

My buddy who is a GM master technician just called to price some parts on a 2001 GMC C3 truck. He said it has the 6.0 and is AWD like my SSS. Any of you know anything about them? I know about the Denali trucks, but not the C3? Is it like a Chevy VHO? My system shows the parts for it, so it must exist? :confused:

The GMC C3 was actually the first year of the Denali. Same bumper, grill, interior, etc. Legend has it GM actually took a GMC C3 onto the design floor when building the SS. Carls_LQ9_SS had one for awhile, but sold now. Really nice trucks for there time.

http://www.pickuptrucks.com/html/2001/gmc/sierrac3/first_drive.html

Edited by jddmj (see edit history)

The GMC C3 was actually the first year of the Denali. Same bumper, grill, interior, etc. Legend has it GM actually took a GMC C3 onto the design floor when building the SS. Carls_LQ9_SS had one for awhile, but sold now. Really nice trucks for there time.

http://www.pickuptrucks.com/html/2001/gmc/sierrac3/first_drive.html

crap

Now i need a turbo Syclone

Were only made in 2001. So actually are way more rare than our SS's. I actually considered 1, but the interiors IMO did not hold up well over the years, and looked like crap, decided to get an SS after that.

I vividly remember the commercials for these trucks, backing in and parking a horse trail in a tight corner. Strangely enoug my buddy had a 03-06 Denali with QS. Only thing I remember is smoking him around corners on back country roads as his had the higher stance compared to the Z06 suspension. His was more luxury with DVD headreasts and more creature comforts I would not like in the SS. But that QS is nice for tight parking spaces, but heard it had a bunch of problems.