Magnaflow Size?

stevet8754

Hey all. im looking to buy a magnaflow DI/DO muffler to replace the stock one. but i cant seem to find the following info:

length of the stock muffler

distance between the inputs/outputs of the muffler

basically i want to bring my truck and magnaflow muffler to meineke and have them cut out the stock one and weld up the new one. but i know the one near me is a pain the the balls with having to bend pipe if something doesn't fit exactly. ( basically they suck at it )

i will continue to look online and on the forms. but any info would be appreciated.

either way they will have to adjust your pipes a bit.. if you take a look under there you will see one side sits higher than the other.. I put two of the #14419's in its place and they still had to adjust it. No bending required.. the guy who did mine basically just cut and welded.

th_DSCN8053.jpg

I have an x pipe on mine. It's duel in and out. Body is 22 inches.has 6 inch centers and is 5 inches high and 11 inches long. It's 2 1/2 in out dumped in front of the right rear.

don t you need a X or H pipe if you go from DIDO to duel mufflers

I have the 18 inch long Magnaflow with built in X pipe in the muffler on my SSS with Bellanger Headers and stock Cats. It sounded great at idle but had a bad drone at 2500 rpm,and was to loud for my liking.So I had two inline Magnaflow Resinators welded in just after drivers side and passenger side pipes run side by side. Now I love the way my exhaust sounds. A real nice deep tone to it around town and It still screams at WOT.

don t you need a X or H pipe if you go from DIDO to duel mufflers

Good question.. i never really thought about it. I'm sure it would help performance but for me with just a CAI and those two I think its fine the way it is for now.

I just had this done. There will be no need to have pipe bent etc. It will be just a weld in direct fit.

Here is what I have and It fits perfect. It only ran me $40 total for the entire job.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Magnaflow/642/12469/10002/-1?parentProductId=

Just a FYI.... Keep your invoice reciept in a safe place. My old Magnaflow started to rust to the point where it was falling off and out of the inside of the muffler. Maganaflow has a lifetime guarantee on rust and will replace it with no question. You will have to go thru Jegs or where ever you buy it and you have to have the original invoice. You send them the old one back and they send you a brand new one free of charge. Jegs just did this for me.