2/4 Or 3/4

I'm looking to either do a 2/4 or 3/4 drop on my Silverado, but I was wondering if the tire size I have now will work with the drop without having to do anything beside install the kit, the tires I have are 285/50/20. I need some help.

Ark City. About 50 miles South of Wichita! And ya, I thought it might rub, Ive been thinking about new tires but I don't know what size would be good for this drop without any problems. And a wheel that would work with my wheels

I'm looking to either do a 2/4 or 3/4 drop on my Silverado, but I was wondering if the tire size I have now will work with the drop without having to do anything beside install the kit, the tires I have are 285/50/20. I need some help.

ur not goin to rub i had 275/55r20 in the rear 305/50r20 on 3/4 drop stock sss

rcsb the wheel weels are same as the sss u know only awd u have to run the same tires all way around

I'm asking cuz I'm desprately trying to fit 305/40/22 with a 5" drop in the rear lol

Cuz a 305/40/22 measures out to 31.6" and your 305/50/20 would mesasurre to 32". Well that would only mean your tire is .4" taller and only bring the height up .2", still wouldn't be able to make room for the extra 1" drop I want from the rear.

But reason I ask about the RCSB is cuz I hear the hanger in the SSS make the these trucks sit a bit lower the non SSS/VHO trucks. Thx man, I just gotta get the 3/5 drop outta my head already lol and settle for a 3/4

I'm asking cuz I'm desprately trying to fit 305/40/22 with a 5" drop in the rear lol

Cuz a 305/40/22 measures out to 31.6" and your 305/50/20 would mesasurre to 32". Well that would only mean your tire is .4" taller and only bring the height up .2", still wouldn't be able to make room for the extra 1" drop I want from the rear.

But reason I ask about the RCSB is cuz I hear the hanger in the SSS make the these trucks sit a bit lower the non SSS/VHO trucks. Thx man, I just gotta get the 3/5 drop outta my head already lol and settle for a 3/4

like ive said if you notch it its going to rub plain and simple. Ive been doing these trucks since late 2002 and 305 50 20 will rub if you notch the frame if you dont you will be fine. That is if your on stock ss wheels. And thats from personal experience on trying to make that work on 10 different customers truck.

edit see that you said 305 40 22.

if you have a 22x9.5 with a 305 40 22 and a 38mm offset it will clear in the rear if notched.

Edited by NORCAL SS (see edit history)