Please Help

RickRolled

Ok codes are- low coolant.engine low power.pcm throttle communication problem. I need a tuner to call them and help them pin point the problem does anyone have a number to get ahold of blackbear(Justin) or another person

Are you sure it was 100% installed correctly?? Did u use the stock throttle body?? Are u sure your intercooler is working, and wired correctly? I dont know your whole story with this install. Im sure the tune is correct and wheatley conservatively tuned you, but you never know..Good luck with getting ahold of him. I know he is busy. But some people around here will feel your pain about getting the tune, then being unable to contact him.

off topic but I checled out ur garage, we need more pics of this beauty man! nice mod list :smoker:

Thanks man! I have some updated pics on facebook, if your on there. But I dont post up too much of pics, even on facebook. I have a couple youtube videos of 1/4 runs before my most recent runs.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i finally got ahold of him and told him what the problem was but he said he cant really help because he is not here which i kinda understand i am going to get the actual codes from the shop and see if he can pin point the problem that way.

Sounds like the truck is in REP, reduced engine power, do to a throttle correlation issue due to the increased airflow vs. Predicted air flow. You just need a retune.

sent from my thunderbolt

:withstupid:

Did u keep ur original pcm or did u swap it for a tuned one?? If u have ur original pcm and the maggie programmer, then just use the maggie programmer to get you in the ballpark on the original pcm. Then you can have wheatley log your truck to dial you in closer. Just a suggestion to get you on the road.

i finally got ahold of him and told him what the problem was but he said he cant really help because he is not here which i kinda understand i am going to get the actual codes from the shop and see if he can pin point the problem that way.

Yea you'd really need a log for him to be able to really see what's going on, I'd say just recheck everything from the install, go through everything step by step and see if something came loose or something like that.

You need to first pull the actual codes ie: P0068 or something and go from there. The code will send you in the right direction as to if it's a PCM tuning issue or an actual mechanical issue. I'm sorry you have to go through this. This is why I went with a local in person tuner. So just try and be patient, I know it's hard cuz of the excitement and the let down back to back but when you deal with out of state tuners that are super busy this is what you get.

To narrow things down a bit, erase the codes. The truck will go back to normal operation if it is a MAF/TB correlation problem. As long as you drive normal and out of boost you will be OK. IF its a mechanical issue, the codes will come right back. Also, make sure all the connection to and from the TB are good, and have no loose wires.

I am pretty surecit is not a mechanical issue the code is p1518 which is a communication problem I think. Good news is a local tuner gut is going to the shoo tonight to hookup to it and if it is my tune they will put my stock pcm back in and tune that thing if that doesn't work I'm sol again so pray that this guy can actually do his job and get my truck running