1St Time To The Track

poopnewton

Whats a good 60 foot time for a 2wd SS or Vho on 275/55-20 street tires. I went to the track this weekend and ran a 15.07 @ 90mph with a 2.27 60 foot. I was hoping to get into the 14s but didn't and was wondering if it was because of a bad 60 foot. I know a 2.27 would be BAD for any car I've taken to the track, not sure about a truck.

lol "poop" newton :fart:

thats pretty good, are you stock, usually they run 15.3-15.4 stock

you went faster cuz VHO's are lighter, no cladding hahaha

I have to agree thats where the Vmax's take the cake, less weight due to cladding. I just met a guy the other day who owns a construction company and he had a Vmax, now knows I own a SS and he offered me a job. He was on construction site daily and his truck looked mint. He is going to the man I recomended for a tune in the city, hopefully I get to line up with him at LVD this fall, he was very intrigued to know that I owned a SS Silverado :smoker:

lol "poop" newton :fart:

thats pretty good, are you stock, usually they run 15.3-15.4 stock

you went faster cuz VHO's are lighter, no cladding hahaha

It's got a CAI and some exhaust work. I just bought it about a month ago the way it is from a dealer.

you have all that done and ran a 16.3???? look what i have, i ran a 14.5. big difference between north an south

Will 3000ft above sea level make that much of a difference vs 300 ft above sea level?! Seems a little out there but if so i think ill stay in florida. :peelout:

you have all that done and ran a 16.3???? look what i have, i ran a 14.5. big difference between north an south

I didn't have everything I have now. Just exhaust and CAI. The weather was hot 28c I believe and the lines were long (I waited 25 min so the truck was hot as balls) and the humidity was very high (Castrol raceway is built on a swamp). To put things in perspective I ran a 2010 sierra Denali and he pulled off a 15.8. I should take a pic of the time slip and post it. I've since lightened my truck (spare tire and hanger) got a tune, billet servos a HD2 shift kit and a 160* stat. I'm excited to see what she'll run this summer.

Edited by canadianVRss (see edit history)