Servo Questions

Can I do this without dropping the tranny? And do I have to have a retune?

Yes you can do it without having to R&I the trans. You dont have to re-tune, but would suggest having your adaptive shifts cleared.

Also make sure you check your pin travel. If it is too loose you will burn the 2/4 band, to tight and you will burn the 2/4 band in a hurry. Dont remember the spec but could look it up if need be.

Edited by 2BFAST (see edit history)

Also double even triple check the retaining ring for the 4 apply that snaps into the case. Its common to snap it in and think its seated but its not fully seated. You dont want this coming loose

Also double even triple check the retaining ring for the 4 apply that snaps into the case. Its common to snap it in and think its seated but its not fully seated. You dont want this coming loose

Very, very true...smart man:)

I'm thinking about getting some servos. What ones should I get? What ones do most of you use? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Jason

If you already have a performance tune you will need to have the line pressure put back to stock settings. I have the corvette 2nd Servo and Superior Billet 4th servo with Billet accumulators in my trans.with a Black Bear Performance tune with 70% torque management taken out. First re-tune after trans. upgrades and it shifted so hard that it would yank the steering wheel out of my hand if I wasn't holding on to it hard enough. I contacted Jason and he re-tuned the pcm with less line pressure at lower rpm shifts. So now in parking lots when it wants up shift at low rpm it doesn't bang into 2nd so hard and when you wind it out it shifts hard like its suppose to. I love how it shifts now.

• 1 month later...