Hid Kit

UPDATED IN POST#9 WITH PICS AND VIDEO....

So i put a HID kit in my fog lights today. I got the raptor 35w, 12K ones. And when i turn them on 1 bulb is blue then after about 5 seconds it turns to just plan white. The other side works fine. Stays blue and the one starts out blue then turns white. I guess i need a new bulb right? So sick of buying this crap and right after install having to return i then wait another 2-3 weeks for a dam bulb. UGHHH :banghead:

Edited by cmoney23 (see edit history)

Sounds like 2 different bulb temps, yep gonna have to return one

No there the same bulb temp. because when i 1st turn them on there both the same blue color, but after like 5 seconds1 starts fading to white

When they start up they're just warming up, unless i'm not understanding correctly. Is the one bulb dimmer or just a different color?

When 1st turn them on they are both blue in color. Then after 5 seconds 1 turns white.

You should of went with the 55w slim in those kits i have not got any problems. On da 35w raptor kits OMG problems. I did a lil test i had i some extra 55w slim and i swaped the hids to the raptor kit and yes they turn diffrent colors. I have the same fogs on my 01 silverado with 55w slim no heat or any problems. If that helps you. They been on for close to 1 year.same on the head lamps. Highs our pink to flash ppl nicely. :)

Looks like 2 different bulb temps to me Swap the bulbs and see if it changes

Yeah i know, but why would they start up the same exact color? Why would a white temp start up as a blue temp? Could it be a ballast issue?I will swap bulbs tomorrw to see if its the ballast. Ive done enough today

Edited by cmoney23 (see edit history)

• 2 months later...