Gmc Version Of The Ss? Opinions?

chawkins6789

The RWD's actually have a 4l65e. I don't know how but all over the internet it says they have a 4l85e. It would be nice if you could pick up an 85 just cuz they sure can take a beating.

the AWD had 4:10 front and rear the RWD has 3:73 (correct me if im wrong guys) the transmission in the AWD is a 4L60e the RWD not sure maybe a 4L80e.

Just like stated all SS' came factory with the 4L65e. The big dogs have upgraded to the 4L80e tranny which is costly. The paddle shift corvette 4L85e would be something interesting:peelout:

the ss comes from the factory with a body kit or some guys call it cladding

Yup, right after Oshawa the Silverado trucks were then taking by train to another shop for the cladding, badging and all SS related stuff that seperates it from the other Silverado's. I also believe this is the only Super Sport Chevy has made that had a 2nd party do the SS work, someone please correct me if I am wrong but I remember reading about that on here like 5 years back.

Just like stated all SS' came factory with the 4L65e. The big dogs have upgraded to the 4L80e tranny which is costly. The paddle shift corvette 4L85e would be something interesting:peelout:

Yup, right after Oshawa the Silverado trucks were then taking by train to another shop for the cladding, badging and all SS related stuff that seperates it from the other Silverado's. I also believe this is the only Super Sport Chevy has made that had a 2nd party do the SS work, someone please correct me if I am wrong but I remember reading about that on here like 5 years back.

if you are relating to all chevys? the SS work on the camaro from 97-02 was done by a 2nd party. they came off the line half complete and were sent to SLP.

I was relating to all Chevy's, thank you for that info :thumbsup: Did not know SLP did the second half of the other 2nd gen Camaros.

yea when they decided to bring back the SS in 97 SLP did everything. all performance upgrades, hood, front bumper cover, spoiler, striping, and other things

if you are relating to all chevys? the SS work on the camaro from 97-02 was done by a 2nd party. they came off the line half complete and were sent to SLP.

You nailed it. :thumbs:

I remember when my parents bought their '96 Impala SS new. They wanted to add (same year Camaro SS badges to it). We had to provide an actual Camaro SS VIN# with the correct colored "SS"'s just to even order/get them from SLP!!! The GM dealer couldn't even order them!!

CRAZY back then.... :crazy:

your best bet to get cladding is to get it from one of the guys on here or search craigslist. you cant really get it from the dealership anymore and if you can it would cost more than what you have in your truck. keep checking the for sale forum and make sure you have your paypal ready! lol

<br />When the VA decides to pay out my disabilty i may do a full Silverado front later and do a legit SS front not just the Street Scene<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Then I would wait no since in wasting the money

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

well i am disabled vet. yet im 22. i have a lot of free time. i do work but im a personal assistant so it leaves me a lot of free time for projects. ill do the street scene gmc kit and have it for a while. then affter that i have the LQ9 and 4L65E planned. then 3.73. then cladding and rear bumper. then ill do the full silverado conversion last