Got My A$$ Handed To Me Today

poopnewton

This is really getting me curious, maybe I have a tune and dont know it from the original owner.....my truck just hunts down the 330xi in 3rd gear, obviously the bmw gets the jump but 3rd is a dayum beast in my truck feels like its going to grenade through my hood.

Ive also had to slow down when I saw a fellow member who had flowmasters, tune, and shift kit when we both floorred our SS' on an on-ramp to an Interstate so I didnt rear end him...I will find out soon enough though Im going for a dynapack tune this summer or fall and my mechanic was on here so he can probably tell if Im stock tune or not.

Could you tell what year 328ia it was? Like brand new, newer, or 5 years old?

It was the newest body style coupe not sure what year. I think they look the same since 2007. My race didn't last that long she pulled a couple cars on me when I hit 2nd gear then she let off it. I got to say it wasn't looking good for me though. If you want to know if you have a tune I'd say the easiest way for you to find out is to see if you have a top speed limiter. If it is limited my guess is you don't have a tune. For a SS I think it should be around 115. My VHO craps out at around 100 which now that I think about it, maybe my truck come with a shittier tune than the SS from the factory.

Ya I know I can do the speed restrictor test but knowhere to test it out other than the track. I will just have to have my buddy look at it. It wouldnt have suprised me if you reeled her in a little bit in 3rd, those bmws arent that fast other than off the start, they dont push hard after 2nd from driving multiple models since 2003. Except for the M3, M5, 8 series, 6 series, the twin turbo editions. You have to get the 5.0 engines to really see some balls in those cars.

:withstupid: The only thing the bmw had was the start, but like he stated it only lasted very short. Might want to do a normal check and little maintenance like an oil change, and new plugs and wires. You should have been right with that bmw unless it had some goodies but stock v stock should have been right with her. Like stated the 335's will beat our trucks. 330s are just about equal.

The other thing is that bmw is now making their frames alot lighter, so unless this was a brand spanking new 3 series, it would explain her spanking the truck, but I dont think the bmws with the new frames are even out yet. Their making the frames lighter so they are more gas friendly...

you got beat by a 328???? are you sure it wasnt a 335? there must be something wrong with your truck if you got beat by a 328. not trying to be an ass im being serious lol

The 328 runs the quarter in mid 14s. If it was a 335 it wouldn't have even been a race with a stock truck.

you got beat by a 328???? are you sure it wasnt a 335? there must be something wrong with your truck if you got beat by a 328. not trying to be an ass im being serious lol

Well I did only put one banana peel in my flux capacitor that morning. I usually don't leave home without at least 3 but I was running a little late.

8hnpss was only trying to help bro. Unless you were joking around, which I am a serious person and dont know when jokes are told.

Only thing I can think is that chick had some mods under her hood, but tuning a bmw with mods is a huge pita. Their computer does not like to be touched, they like their stock tunes or they will throw a load of codes. I know an owner of a bmw dealership and the only mods they will add is intake and Billy Boat exhaust. If bmw owners want to be fast, they need the M series or the 8 or 6 series. :chevrolet:

8hnpss was only trying to help bro. Unless you were joking around, which I am a serious person and dont know when jokes are told.

Only thing I can think is that chick had some mods under her hood, but tuning a bmw with mods is a huge pita. Their computer does not like to be touched, they like their stock tunes or they will throw a load of codes. I know an owner of a bmw dealership and the only mods they will add is intake and Billy Boat exhaust. If bmw owners want to be fast, they need the M series or the 8 or 6 series. :chevrolet:

I thought he was making fun of you. Guess we will never know.

Your the one that raced the 328 and got beat right?

I raced a 330xi and was even but had to shut down the race at 75......so no he wasnt make fun of me nor was he not making fun of you, he is telling you that your truck should beat a 2.8 litre bmw 3 series, stock v stock that should happen with our trucks. :chevrolet:

edit-you should won even moreso than a SS as your VHO is lighter with no cladding. We are just simply suggesting you run over your truck and check that everything is in tune.

Edited by 03mass (see edit history)

Your the one that raced the 328 and got beat right?

I raced a 330xi and was even but had to shut down the race at 75......so no he wasnt make fun of me nor was he not making fun of you, he is telling you that your truck should beat a 2.8 litre bmw 3 series, stock v stock that should happen with our trucks. :chevrolet:

edit-you should won even moreso than a SS as your VHO is lighter with no cladding. We are just simply suggesting you run over your truck and check that everything is in tune.

Now I'm not sure what year 328i I ran but it doesn't even matter. Read these then show me where stock for stock a SS or VHO is faster, please. BTW when a car runs a better et and mph than you, your not going to be running anything down at any point in that race worth mentioning. Not to be dick but get a clue, your acting you know what you talking about when it's obvious you don't. They aren't even 2.8 liters.

http://blogs.insidel...328i-sedan.html

http://www.motortren...ort_first_test/

Your entitled to what you think. But you should have beaten that BMW, sorry. My buddy would bring home various models just to test them against the SS truck and I know pretty well which models will hang with, lose or spank the truck. Been doing this since 2005-08, and driving BMWs since 98. I believe I can say I have more experience in this area than you ever will.

My daily driver is also a 330xi. So where is your experience in going against a bmw besides this one instance? I could also do a search and read that our trucks come stock with the 4L85e or 4L80e tranny, but its not true. I guess you believe everything you read.

Im done, Im not getting into an argument with you over something this pathetic when we tried to help you out.

edit - and yes you got me on the engine part, it was a brainfart.

Edited by 03mass (see edit history)

LOLL i even stated im not trying to beat an ass and im being serious but i guess that doesnt mean anything. ive driven MANY 328s that my freinds get as loaners and i go around beating the snot out of them. they are slow as shit which is why i said you should check your truck. dont come on raging me cause i tell you to check your truck out when you got beat by one of the slowest cars on the road

edit : it could have mods but the ammount of money that person would of spent to get anywhere they could have just got a 335. my freind has a 335i 6 speed i race him all the time in my camaro. he just got a JB4 and a downpipe which costed him 1300 i believe. thats insane

Edited by 8hnpSS (see edit history)