New To Me Ss For A Daily, Turbo M3 For The Other Times :)

Hello!

I have been a car owner (all foreign until now for some reason) but now I got a, 03 SSS and I love it. Lowered on drop spindles and shackles, fairly clean for an MN truck and pretty fun. Needs shocks, ordering Belltechs as soon as NorcalSS gets back to me. Feels like the trans slips a little at initial moderate load on the freeway. Not sure if that is sorta typical or if its on it way out. Doesn't really bother me either way, if it goes, I will get an upgraded trans that will be ready for more power.

Anyways, my 'fun car' is a 96 BMW M3, its got just about any fun part that I can get on it. Built motor, tec3r standalone, dbb billet 6262 turbo, Koala diff, custom turbo manifold, Ford estate green metallic full color change, shave engine bay, you know, shenanigans car. Does sideways and loud very well. Makes me laugh everytime I drive it. Made 503/454 to the wheels when tuning it with a slipping clutch on pump gas at 16 psi. Switching to E85 soon, I have most of the parts already and that will allow me to give it a little more pressure.

Anyways, here they are. Only 1 pic of the truck so far but you all know what those look like. lol

20120408_190355-1.jpg

DSCN1997.jpg

IMG_0792.jpg

P1130404.jpg

I suck at launching it, but it traps 126 or 7 and it was misfiring because i had the plugs gapped wrong that day. haha

Picture005-9.jpg

Picture100.jpg

283009_152140701533164_121015687978999_296079_19159_n.jpg

6022519640_70eaa684fd_o.jpg

hpTQ.jpg

20120415_234030.jpg

And here is how it currently sits, just got the drivetrain back in it and took it for a couple shakedown runs around town this weekend. On SUPER shitty looking stock M3 wheels and I love the contrast.

20120414_215200.jpg

Nice truck and car, my self is looking for a bmw a DD. the stance on both ur ars our sexy.

Thanks guys! I just ordered Belltech street performance shocks. Excited to get those in and see how she rides.

Might play with the torsion bars and the rear shackle a bit once those are in if it smooths out.

Nice rides! Those m3s have always been one of my favorite cars. I have had a ton of chances to by one of those but have never pulled the trigger. Love that color. Wow over 500hp in one of those is got to scream

It is a lot of fun on the street. Laughs all day long. Once I switch over to E85 with the new fuel system, my tuner is expecting to see upwards of 700whp in it. I will max out the small turbo and have a powerband from hell. I want to have a nice, safe 600whp on E85 for normal driving. 500 in it feels very composed now that i am used to sliding it around, it is a well setup chassis so it is quite predictable.

Right now, I hit 15 psi by 3,500 rpms and hold it until 7,200, really responsive and fun setup.

I bought the SS because I have been doing a lot of work on my house, so a truck finally makes sense, I love how they look, I can tow the M3 to the track when I go and the interior is perfect for a daily. Now I want the L92 heads and supporting mods. We will see what happens there!

A little video having some fun at a local airport event. I got the top speed on the run where we have the little interior footage but I went off the end of the runway because it is an event put on by the Austin Healy club, so those guys hit like 70 and i hit around 155. lol woops. All in good fun. (I had checked out the runoff area prior to this because i knew the braking zone was too short and people stand off to the side, so taking the turn at speed is inconsiderate of others' safety!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fawI9rlnhIo

Edited by KeithStone (see edit history)

96 is the best year for the M3. You have my other dream vehicle. Congrats on both rides. I had a choice of an M3 or this truck but 96s were hard to find. My buddy had a 98 M3 with the PS2 and UUC exhaust, short shift kit and more work. But never turboed, Im drooling right now. He was silver on BBS rims. Like the Alpina rims?

The m3 is super nice. Lose the bug deflector on the SS. Gay

Yeah, the bug deflector was on there when I got it, covering up some rusty rock chips and shit. Pretty typical around here because they sand and salt the piss out of the roads all winter. It blends in with the black fairly well for now but a replacement hood is the real fix for that.

Pretty much every year of M3 has its pluses and minuses but the e36 chassis is really well balanced and doesn't have overly integrated electronics, so it is fairly easy to mess with (for a foreign/german car).

Pretty much every year of M3 has its pluses and minuses but the e36 chassis is really well balanced and doesn't have overly integrated electronics, so it is fairly easy to mess with (for a foreign/german car).

Ya mu buddy brings home a new M series every month from his families dealership but the 96 computer is easiest to tweak like you mentioned. My buddy also did a 325iX with the M3 e30 motor. Awd with the M motor is fun, but also like you stated those e36 chassis are the best balanced out. Im looking into the iX's again as a daily driver, i want multispoke alpina's or BBS'