Help Me Out Really Confused On What Headers To Buy!

rhoush

Ok i decided to keep my truck as i got off on my last ticket..Right after i bought the truck i put a magnaflow catback on it and now i want to put headers on it longtubes with no cats. BUT i want to use my cat back i have now that hast the two pipes but all the headers i look at go into one. Help me out on what to get. The trucks a 06 sss 2wd.. thanks guys

Whats your budget? These would be my choices in order, except the OBX before Pacesetter's.

1. ARH Headers (3inch collectors, just over a grand)

2. Dynatech Supermaxx (2.5inch collectors, just over a grand)

3. Pace Setter (price friendly with 3inch collectors)

4. Dynatech OBX (hallowed out cats with 2.5inch collectors, price friendly)

Ok i decided to keep my truck as i got off on my last ticket..Right after i bought the truck i put a magnaflow catback on it and now i want to put headers on it longtubes with no cats. BUT i want to use my cat back i have now that hast the two pipes but all the headers i look at go into one. Help me out on what to get. The trucks a 06 sss 2wd.. thanks guys

If im understanding this correctly, your saying that all the headers your looking at only go into 1 pipe? Maybe your only looking at one of the two headers? Each side has 4 cylinders that go into one pipe. Making 2 headers and 2 pipes.

Any of those listed would be a great choice. This thread might be of some help Header Sticky. Headers are something people ask about A LOT. The info is in the search button.

Part number for the Pacesetters...since these are what I will be getting. 70-2265 (painted) or 72c-2265 (ceramic coated).

Part number for the 501-1310-6 that is through obxracing.com (stainless steel)

Part number for the Dynatech Supermaxx 715-84110

Part number for the ARH 1 3/4 inch primaries GMTE34NC and 1 7/8 primaries GMTE78NC (both part numbers with no cats)

Edited by cb2big4u (see edit history)

OBX LT's are $500 and bolt right up to your existing piping now.

This is correct and they are a great budget setup. Unfortunatly they only offer 1 3/4" primaries and 2.5" collectors.

If you want top of the line, def look into American Racing. Here is a picture of mine right after I had them coated. (they do not come this way). They offer a 1 7/8 and 3" primary setup if you are needing it.

DSC02942.jpg

Good luck

I would look into Stainless Works also. The only thing with those is they are long tube headers only for the RWD trucks. I like Stainless Works it sounds great, makes amazing HP. You sill have to have the mid pipes fabricated though. When I spoke to Paul he said a rwd truck had never been to the shop for him to Fab up the mid pipes. I guess the awd and rwd headers are built a little differently by them.

I would look into Stainless Works also. The only thing with those is they are long tube headers only for the RWD trucks. I like Stainless Works it sounds great, makes amazing HP. You sill have to have the mid pipes fabricated though. When I spoke to Paul he said a rwd truck had never been to the shop for him to Fab up the mid pipes. I guess the awd and rwd headers are built a little differently by them.

cb2big4u I know that there are four cylinders on each side my ss didnt come out of the factory with a y pipe each side runs to the passanger side the two pipes dont combine tell the get to the muffler it goes 2 in and 1 out.

Lol I was just answering it the way I read it. I see what your saying now though. Just don't use the Y that comes with the headers if they come with one. That's all. Sure you figured that out by now but just putting it out there.

Sent from my Rezound using Tapatalk 2

Lol I was just answering it the way I read it. I see what your saying now though. Just don't use the Y that comes with the headers if they come with one. That's all. Sure you figured that out by now but just putting it out there.

Sent from my Rezound using Tapatalk 2