Pioneer AVH-P8400BH

Got one of these on the way. Can't wait to put this baby in. Gonna be sweet. Should be here in a week and ill post some pics with a little review.

Btw. If anyone is trying to install this and wants to bypass the parking brake. Get a TR7 or a relay from microbypass for this specific unit. A regular relay will not work only because the new pioneer is looking for a double pulse. The new TR7 or microbypass gives this double pulse. On/off/on and holds. Or just put in a switch but that's not as awesome.

Taking a couple of pics Saturday (later today). Got it all installed but the Bluetooth calling is sooo crap. Going to look into that a little more. I'll take a pic of the side for you, along with where I put my mic, and USB stick.

Dont hate on the dusty. Tomorrow is my wash day.

You can see on the left of this picture where some asshat stole my last head unit. My old one went in with a cage. This one screwed to the dash kit which screwed to the truck itself. The detachable face is a plus for added security to.

IMAG0261.jpg

Side picture for above poster. The screen is flat but there is a bulge where the buttons are at the bottom. I thought it was flat all the way down but it ends up being better since you don't accidentally touch the screen to change track and volume.

IMAG0259.jpg

USB extension cable with my sd card in it. Works wonderful, especially with mixtrax which is a built in DJ that fades and such.

IMAG0262.jpg

Here is where I put my microphone. The Bluetooth is so shit though. I have done everything I can to troubleshoot it but I think its just the way it is. I emailed Pioneer about the subject and they will be getting back to me I hope.

IMAG0263.jpg

So other than the Bluetooth I am in love with the unit. A lot of functions and outputs for anything you would like. Definitely a top notch head unit. My bypass from microbypass is also working great with no problems. As soon as I finished the head unit I was rolling around watching music videos without having to hit a dumb switch. One last thing that bothers me is on pioneer compatibility page it says that it will give on screen meta data from a Bluetooth device streaming Pandora. This doesn't seem to be the case and I have also put this issue in the email to Pioneer. The on screen controls do control the skip and pause/play but it would be nice to be able to select a station to stream. This unit is catered to Apple devices and I really hope they come out with an Android compatible firmware update since it just came out a month ago.

Edited by cb2big4u (see edit history)

Dang, you rock! Thanks for taking the time, and taking those pictures man, really cool of ya. Soon as the funds allow, im gonna get 1. Thanks for all the info, and your review on the unit. Sounds like its not perfect, but pretty damn good! Thanks again Cb2big!

No problem. Just did some research regarding bluetooth streaming from your phone to the head unit and your phone must support AVRCP 1.3 to get meta data feedback on the unit. :cry: No feedback for me...stupid rezound.

• 4 weeks later...

I will take a picture of where I have the Mic for mine....you hear alot of road noise but its not that bad. I honestly haven't had any major issues with the bluetooth. But then again I speak loud anyways so that helps.

I ended up fixing my Bluetooth issue. My rcas were the culprit. Ran new ones and it works great when my exhaust isn't to loud. So when I'm stopped is about the only time I can use it.

I ended up fixing my Bluetooth issue. My rcas were the culprit. Ran new ones and it works great when my exhaust isn't to loud. So when I'm stopped is about the only time I can use it.

Cool man....I have mine clipped to the edge of the headliner just left of the rear view mirror.