speed control sensor? mass air flow sensor/

stevet8754

for the past few months my service engine light has come on for approx 20 miles and then goes out. when i go to my mechanic it says " mass air flow sensor" i have replaced my entire intake and am looking into replacing the mass air flow sensor. anyone have any info on this? im not looking forward to replacing it to see if it fixes the problem. anyone else have this issue?.

a few months ago i had noticed my speedometer had gotten stuck at 35 MPH, but went away a few miles down the road, then this morning i was driving to the airport and my speedometer was WAY off. once i stopped it said 25 MPH, which i thought might be a problem. i restarted my truck a few times and with each restart it went down ~5-10 MPH till it finally got to 0 and seemed to be ok for the rest of the drive. what would cause this?. wheel speed sensor? im completely in the dark.. i need some info. ( using Google now lol.)

for the past few months my service engine light has come on for approx 20 miles and then goes out. when i go to my mechanic it says " mass air flow sensor" i have replaced my entire intake and am looking into replacing the mass air flow sensor. anyone have any info on this? im not looking forward to replacing it to see if it fixes the problem. anyone else have this issue?.

a few months ago i had noticed my speedometer had gotten stuck at 35 MPH, but went away a few miles down the road, then this morning i was driving to the airport and my speedometer was WAY off. once i stopped it said 25 MPH, which i thought might be a problem. i restarted my truck a few times and with each restart it went down ~5-10 MPH till it finally got to 0 and seemed to be ok for the rest of the drive. what would cause this?. wheel speed sensor? im completely in the dark.. i need some info. ( using Google now lol.)

maf sensor is pretty easy to change out........

and as for ur speedo problem ur prob gonna need a new dash cluster.....

i got mine changed out for free @ a gm dealer cuz there was a recall for it.

Edited by 10zin (see edit history)

If i had known steve was our gauge cluster guy before i did mine i would have had him do mine. I seen his work it looks great. So if your gonna do anything with the cluster pm him. silverado777 or gmgaugeguy.com

I appreciate the support guys!

As stated above it sounds like the usual stepper motor issues. It's a quick fit for me and will have it back out to you the next business day. There is no need to buy a whole new cluster as that can get really pricy...and if you buy a used ne you will be stuck with the mileage the vehicle had when it was pulled and your will be inaccurate. Your mileage won't be changed with my service since I completely rebuild your factory cluster. If you or anyone else has any questions, feel free to PM me or contact me using the contact information on my website.

http://www.gmgaugeguy.com/

Thanks,

Steve

whats it cost for you to just repair my speedo?. no color change lol. but a few of the lights do need to get replaced. i think there are only 4 left that light up.

price:

turn around time:

thanks. please reply to [email protected]

thanks for your time

whats it cost for you to just repair my speedo?. no color change lol. but a few of the lights do need to get replaced. i think there are only 4 left that light up.

price:

turn around time:

thanks. please reply to [email protected]

thanks for your time

Replied