Transmission flush where to go?

mando28

well thats how i feel about it because i have some friends that have messed up the tranny getting it done, and some that have not.

what can happen if i dont do it?? i just want my engine to run the best it can!

Half the people you talk to will say do not do a tranny flush its bad for the tranny. And the other half will say do it. So idk

If you bring it to the dealer and they mess it up then it would be covered by them? I took mine and had it flushed at 85k but I'm 2wd and vmax...worked great. Dealer won't replace your filter though. I don't think they don't drop the pan but just back feed it. Idk.

I had mine done at 49 or 51k, ran perfect and no problems until 63k when it went into storage. The thing that people are talking about ruining the tranny is the fluid acts like a detergent in a way. I always follow 50k for strict service intervals. I will be having mine flushed again in May and it will be a 2nd flush and Im only at 63k like stated. Then again my truck has been stored since the end of 08, so air bubbles/pockets have probably accumulated and it isnt a choice, has to be done.

Are you the original owner of the truck? Has the trans ever been serviced before? Do you know the service history? If you aren't sure the trans has ever been serviced before, based on your mileage I say leave it alone IMO.....

Doing a flush does not replce the filter. the reason some have issues nad some don't is some of them will have alot of debris in it and will "pack" the filter full of that debris when doing the flush. We have seen many issues from a flush. Do some research on doing a transmission service. This requires dropping the pan down and replacing the filter. If you do this you will need about 6qts. to fill it back up. I always pull the TCC solenoid and valve to back drain the converter. This will require more fluid 8-9 qts.

Edited by Sprayed99 (see edit history)

Are you the original owner of the truck? Has the trans ever been serviced before? Do you know the service history? If you aren't sure the trans has ever been serviced before, based on your mileage I say leave it alone IMO.....

im not sure if it has ever been serviced!

y would you suggest i leave it alone?

i think i might just leave it!

If it isnt broke, dont fix it. Plus at 100k I think your rolling the dice, the trans is already a bit worn, and the detergents may cause more harm than good. That and not doing a complete thourough flush (with the filter) will cause it to crap the bed sooner imo.

Well stated Sprayed99 about the filter, I completely left that out. I didnt understand why doing both diffs, tranny and T-Case costed me above $700, but when they explained the filters etc it all made much more sense (back in 2007).