Weird Noise Inside the Dash

jesus0639

My truck started making a weird noise almost like constant chirping inside the passanger dash I went outside and check under the hood and nothing its inside

Has anyone ever had this problem

I had the same thing I don't have the digital climate control so I just raised the tabs to the hottest le

vel and left it like that for a couple days and hasn't made that sound since. A/C still works fine I think this resets something

check your blower fan. after a while the bearings can go bad and start to squeak.sometimes you can just clean out the motor, and use some 3-1 oil on the bearings, and it can last a few more years. if not replace..

good luck

The mode door actuator is what controls where you want the air to go. Example your face, feet, defrost, etc. There are actually a couple more actuators, mode door actuator, recirculation actuator & tempature actuator. I actually replaced all 4 of them in my SSS. Not to much of do it myself type of guy, but I did it & learned a lot. Now I want to do everything myself. Only bad thing is everything is plastic & real easy to break those plastic parts. Hope this helps.

Chad

Edited by ss silverado24 (see edit history)

If its your actuators it is a pain. Mine went bad on my old 04 without the digital controls. Luckily the it was still under warranty. The entire dash had to come out, the actuatros replaced and then the dash had to be re sealed and put in in. Not a fun job, if it wasnt under warranty it would have been $1,200 to fix out of pocket.

It really depends which one it is. I used to work for Gm and worked 15a for a while and did a few of thesewith the non digital cc. Dash is actually easy to remove the cover . Takes about 30 min if you hustle.,just follow the noise.

Sent from my galaxy S 2using Tapatalk 2