Texas newb

Hi all, my name is David I live in north Texas. I've been looking for a new vehicle and we decided I need a new truck. I recently had a turbo ford ranger, extended cab f150 with headers, stall, cams, throttle body and a tune, and a bone stock 94 f150 single cab. I sold the 97 f150 as a favor to a friend that needed a solid vehicle, and have regretted the choice since, but decided I do not want another ford truck. I looked at all my options and decided on either a silverado SS, or a 03-07 silverado extended cab with a 6.0. I haven't bought a truck yet but thought I'd join the forum anyway.

Thanks for the welcomes, I do want an SS but it's hard to find a nice one on my limited budget. Also I don't really care for black trucks(just because I've had a few and they show every little scratch, even though there's not much sexier than a nice clean black truck) so the blue or silver are the only options I like and they're usually beat up in my price range.

I love the blue but am not quite ready to buy unless I find a ridiculous deal. I will likely be looking for something around 12k or less. I am not afraid of fixing mechanical issues but the truck needs to be clean. It'll be a tough search but I'll find something when I'm ready.