SS going back under the knife....

So its time for me to tear back into the truck.. I want to get a bigger cam, and i am looking at at least a 3200 stall.. This is my weekend truck not dd. So im looking for some expert advise.. i would love to get into the 12's N/A.. I have been looking the the TSP Torquer V3 cam, love the lope and have seen vids of guys with that cam in 03 z71's running 12's.. I want crazy lope, love the sound always have.. These are the cams i have been looking at.. but like i said not DD, weekend truck, track, street truck... just need more now..

let me know what you guys think, input, all is welcome

Texas Speed Torquer V3 231/234 .643/598 Camshaft

Texas Speed Magic Stick 4 239/242 .649"/.609" Camshaft

Going with a cam that sounds good isnt going to make the proper power you want. You need to get a list of what you want. Type of cylinder heads etc and bring them to a engine builder and he will direct you on what will work, wont wont, and what you should do to get the power you want.

You can actually decrease HP with too large of a cam. FYI, the lope you hear when a car is camming is not caused from the Lift of the cam, it is the duration you are hearing. To get into the 12's naturally aspirated you will need heads, intake, trans. your convertor, cam, fuel system, higher compression as it makes power. basically the only thing you would leave out is a built bottome end.

if you want to go with a forced induction than basically the same purchases as above but not so drastic.

Going with a cam that sounds good isnt going to make the proper power you want. You need to get a list of what you want. Type of cylinder heads etc and bring them to a engine builder and he will direct you on what will work, wont wont, and what you should do to get the power you want.

You can actually decrease HP with too large of a cam. FYI, the lope you hear when a car is camming is not caused from the Lift of the cam, it is the duration you are hearing. To get into the 12's naturally aspirated you will need heads, intake, trans. your convertor, cam, fuel system, higher compression as it makes power. basically the only thing you would leave out is a built bottome end.

if you want to go with a forced induction than basically the same purchases as above but not so drastic.

Word, nicely put sir..

Sent from my 4G Razor