Hrm, any clue guys?

Well, driving to the dump today, i was listenin to my IPOD while driving, and kept feeling a pop kinda feeling, in the floorboards/ gas pedal.... i thought, ehh its prolly just the roads.. kept driving. On My way home from the dump, it got worse, i took off My ipod and sounds like its coming from driver side front end... Its kinda random, but it feels like a PING/pop sound, like somethings giving way. It sounds like metal too metal. Found it a bit odd, a couple times, when i would come to a stop, my antiblock brakes were coming on.... when i had plenty of dry road traction, slowly coming to a stop. I thought it might be my brakes? I pulled my front tires off, and everything looks fine? The PING/POP sound feel, is bad enough i dont wanna drive it. ANy idea what it might be?

Thanks..

Yeah, but wouldnt my steering wheel be shimmying if i had a bad wheel bearing? Hoping somebodywho had a bad CV Axle, or wheel bearing can chime in, with the symptoms :)

Edited by Quicksilvers (see edit history)

Alright, truck was fixed today, was Front left wheel bearing, and my ABS sensor got fubared up in the process, so that was the reason my anti locks were coming on for no reason when stopping.

Thanks for those who helped with ideas.

Alright, truck was fixed today, was Front left wheel bearing, and my ABS sensor got fubared up in the process, so that was the reason my anti locks were coming on for no reason when stopping.

Thanks for those who helped with ideas.

Great. That should have rang a bell because the sensor for abs is with the wheel bearing. I just replaced mine also and noticed that the sensor was built in. At least you got it fixed. Lot of wheel bearing problems around here lately.

Yeah, thinkin wheel bearings are pretty common issue with these trucks. Oh well, these trucks are money pits, but wouldnt trade this truck for anything.