Has anyone seen one of these? (AVG-VDP1)

Its a Pioneer piece used in conjuction with any dvd head unit that is non navi already. Sounds pretty awesome...too bad i cant find one anywhere. I wonder if they have an updated one with a different part number?! If so I cannot find it.

The unit detects a wide range of real-time vehicle performance data — including acceleration, lateral G-forces, estimated horsepower, and torque, in addition to speed and RPM. Additionally, the GPS locator provides current vector information, as well as current location by longitude, latitude, altitude, and distance to destination.

Saw someone in a post on this site that had something like this showing on their head unit. Cant find it again though. Please chime in if you have any input on use of one of these, hook up, where to buy, ect... Thanks!

http://www.pioneerel...sories/AVG-VDP1

I did see that one. But it looks sketchy. The description is all about a head unit and has nothing to do with the dynamic processor. I'm going to give pioneer a call later and ask about it.

That thig is kinda cool. I wonder how it works exactly? how does it read infor on your vehicles performance? It does not look like it hooks to a OBDII. Looks like it might have to be hard wired.

A lot of it works of a GPS antenna that it comes with.

I have been reading a little and found something that might help us understand it a little further. Looks like you will need to splice a wire or two. That parking brake wire can go into a relay. It's the same safety as a head unit so you don't crash while driving.

Here are the wires that come as part of the unit..:

Yellow - Terminal always on

Red - to electrical terminal controlled by the ignition switch

Black - ground

White/black - negative pole of Front left speaker

Grey/black - negative pole of front right speaker

Pink - "Vehicle's speed detection circuit"

Violet White - Reverse Light Light

Green - Parking Break

Found out this product is discontinued from a pioneer rep. Also recieved a little bit of info. The new navi units have something like this built in. The guy said that this unit is not compatible with the newer pioneer DVD receivers as the RGB connection it hooks to has changed. I would think you could make a harness from old to New but that is something he wouldn't confirm.

Edit: if you have a green RGB port this unit will work. If you have a yellow RGB port it will not.

And I was looking forward to this also. Boo....

Edited by cb2big4u (see edit history)

• 1 year later...