How to tell if your PCM has been tuned?

leef5333

Hey guys, possible dumb question here... I have an 03 ss, 95k miles I have owned for just over a year. I'm not too much into the performance mods and such, as far as I can tell other than exhaust I'm all stock but when I installed a remote start I noticed the passlock system seemed to be bypassed already (I could use any cut key to start). Is this an indication some tuning was already done? Thanks for any input!

The way i would check, easiest being shift points IMO. Get it on the high way, romp on it at 55 MPH, should kick down to second gear..... if it upshifts into 3rd gear at 70 MPH while full throttle, you are most likely stock.

Passlock has nothing to do with tuning. So I doubt it would have a tune if you have no other indication. But if you're curious see if the governor is still enabled by trying to go over 100-112 if possible. That's a for sure way to tell if the pcm has been messed with or not. But be as safe as you can testing it if you do so.

Passlock has nothing to do with tuning. So I doubt it would have a tune if you have no other indication. But if you're curious see if the governor is still enabled by trying to go over 100-112 if possible. That's a for sure way to tell if the pcm has been messed with or not. But be as safe as you can testing it if you do so.

yea just go triple a speed limit to find out if its tuned! Haha that's funny, and what I would do. :)

Sent from my 4G Razor