Which Tires For The Strip???

MID12sSSS

I just bought my 2003 AWD SSS this summer from my buddy Tony. He was running a 12.38 1/4 mile with his current sent up. I havent been to the track myself, but i wanted to race it this summer and keep the legacy alive, sorta speak. From a dig, i roast all 4 tires... I would like a better launch and was just curious what everyone recommends or what is most commonly used. (Rim size, Tire size, etc) Thanks in advance for any advise you can spare.

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

Not sur eon rim size, but for a tire I would go with a decent sized sidewall and a drag radial, like BF goodrich. If your trans is stock and the diffs are as well, a sticky tire will only bring you breakage in most cases.

Thanks for all the tire recommendations. Ill have to have atleast an 18" rim to clear my corvette brake kit. But ill find some light rims and wrap them in some good drag radials. Haha the point is kinda mute now because my SSS needs a longblock, but ill get around to tires. It should be on the road in 5weeks or so.

im considering selling mine here soon , i have the 18x10 boyd timeless 6's , they are forged with mt et street 305/45/18 , i have to swap front brakes to run them and never finished my front brakes and just run on 22's all the time. id consider selling them but shipping to ak would be killer.

Haha yeah. Believe me, i know.. 9/10 times, shipping costs more than the item you're buying. I gotta get out of AK and see the world...

But thanks on the offer. Ill look into it. Beautiful truck by the way chace.. Not to sound cheesy or anything, but you've kinda been an idol of mine for quite some time. Few years ago i started following your build threads like the LSX, and SSS's became a passion of mine. I had you're truck as my desktop background for nearly 2years, now i have my own. Haha. Keep up the good work.