Interior Rear Viwe Mirrior - Please Help

So this has been going on for a while but my mirrior's temp and compass direction screen will turn on and off at random times. When it happens the "on or off" for the air bag flickers but always stays on the compass and temp however will go on and off, the airbag ON/OFF flickers with the on and off of the compass part of course. When i was driving today it went out and wasnt coming back on so i tapped the mirrior and slid the cover over the wires down so i could wiggle the wires but nothing changed. It then came on and stayed on. The power button also does nothing to change it, i shut it off and the ON/OFF air bag part still flashed but the compass part was shut off.

Has anyone seen/heard of this?

Thanks! and sorry i misspelled VIEW

Edited by A.Rozell (see edit history)

That is wierd- One I hadn't heard of before.

I see nobody else has responded....

I would try replacing the 2-wire ambient temp sensor outside, behind your grille shell. It could/would be "the cheeper fix".

This sensor is used to calculate the outside temp & is used for compass bearing too (so I was told in the past anyways).

After replacing this sensor, look in the owners manual for the steps to resynchronize your mirror to the new readings.

Hope this helps..... Good luck.

I'm having the exact same problem with mine. The guys I have talked to at the dealership said to check the plug and make sure it is plugged all the way in and hasn't vibrated out. If that is good then it is probably the circuit board inside the mirror and you have to replace the whole mirror(about $300 new). They said from the heat during the summer that over time it causes it to get brittle and basically starts shorting out.