I found my issue, but what is this thing??

analyte

I have figured out what is making the sound under the hood. This morning the wife and I were backing out of the driveway and it started at 5mph or less. I quickly popped the hood and jumped out.

It stopped, but I had the wife put it in reverse with the brakes on and start turning the wheel like I was backing out. It started again and I was able to pinpoint the origin. It's a black canister with an electrical plug-in on top right beside the brake reservoir with a hose that goes to the back of the intake. It doesn't appear to be part of the Hydroboost system so I'm not sure what it is or what it actually does.

Here is a pic if it will let me attach it.

Thanks,

Kerry

post-4579-0-81038600-1336845505_thumb.jpg

I have figured out what is making the sound under the hood. This morning the wife and I were backing out of the driveway and it started at 5mph or less. I quickly popped the hood and jumped out.

It stopped, but I had the wife put it in reverse with the brakes on and start turning the wheel like I was backing out. It started again and I was able to pinpoint the origin. It's a black canister with an electrical plug-in on top right beside the brake reservoir with a hose that goes to the back of the intake. It doesn't appear to be part of the Hydroboost system so I'm not sure what it is or what it actually does.

Here is a pic if it will let me attach it.

Thanks,

Kerry

I have the same thing on my 03 and fyi these trucks never came from the factory with hydroboost but a lot of guys install it for brake improvement.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I have the same thing on my 03 and fyi these trucks never came from the factory with hydroboost but a lot of guys install it for brake improvement.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Yep, I thought it did, but I'm still learning. It could be in my future though!!