Carpeting Methods

Anyone one know of a good way to carpet a box, this will be my first time doing it and I spent quiet a bit of time on building the box so I don't want it to look like shit. Haha, or is there another way, painting ect...

The best way to carpet the box is basically like wrapping a present but you will have to cut part of the carpet as you fold the ends over the corners of the box so you dont get lumps. Basically use a a good staple gun and glue. Wrap the box first and make sure you have it like you want as a dry test run before you finish it.

Go to O'Reilly's or another parts store and get some 3M spray adhesive. Spray the carpet and the box, let both sit apart for a couple of minutes then stick them together. That will create a good hold.

Edited by robertsonauto (see edit history)

I agree, the 3M upholstry spray adhesive is the best. Just make sure to not use to much in one spot, it kinda dissolves and can bleed thru the carpet if you use to much in one area. Just follow the instructions and youll be fine. It kinda comes out like a string not a mist like spray paint.