Exhaust Woes...

Go to an exhaust shop and talk to them about a resonator. I needed to quite my corsa touring, ARH headers, no cats down and eliminate some of the rasp. Had a resonator welded in and all is good. Cost...$80.

Good work Mike. This is a common fix with open exhaust systems. F-Bodies for example. Guys will get long tubes, ORY, and say a chambered cat back and complain about rasp. They will install a resonator in between and it takes care of it. The only downside is you have a heavy exhaust system now.

Thanks Silverado777! I appreciate the nice find. After further discussion with him it seemed like everything was going to work but I called Corsa to verify. They stated that as long as the muffler was from the #14289 exhaust system, it would work great. The muffler that he had was from an exhaust system from a 2008 5.3LSilverado. Corsa stated while the outside dimensions are the same, the internal baffles are different and they couldn't guarantee the outcome. I am going to continue to wait for another opportunity.

Gasemall,

I may have to do this if I can't find a Touring muffler...I don't want to have to try another exhaust system.

prestinb (Brandon)

So whats the final word? Wait for an opportunity to swap out the entire exhaust with a touring kit?

I guess at this point I will just tolerate it until I can come up with a definitive solution...either the #14289 Touring muffler or and entirely different exhaust system. I have been looking at the Billy Boat but have heard they have drone are very loud too...don't know what to think any more. If I do replace it I would really like to go with a true dual system...

prestinb (Brandon)

Edited by prestinb (see edit history)

Billy Boat had drone on their old systems. The fuzion system has none. Ive had the old systems on the BMWs and get pulled over thinking I had no cats etc. Then dropped one into a newer body BMW and wow, it sounds amazing, no drone, just nice mellow deep tone, not as loud as magnaflow. Their product is second to none quality, craftsmanship and performance. I would choose B&B before Corsa honestley.

I would use a resonator personally if you really like the Corsa.

Thanks everyone for the various forms of input and suggestions. I have a few ideas and perhaps complete exhaust systems. When I find a solution, I will post back.

prestinb (Brandon)

Just thought I would add an exhaust clip for reference. The first clip is simply idleing after completely warm...which I believe sounds quite nice. The second is simply leaving a friends house and accelerating very slowly to get up to speed. As soon as i give it a little input, it sounds like I am hammering it but I am honestly barely giving it input...also the exhaust exits on the other side of the view point from the camera and it is still crazy loud.

th_IMG_2568.jpg

th_IMG_2570.jpg

prestinb (Brandon)