Some OBX IC results on F-bod STS kit.

F8L Z71

I am still waiting till Thursday to install my IC but thought I'd give ya'll some results on Rick's (Hawk179) Firehawk with a big STS turbo kit and the OBX TBX3000 FMIC..

Here are a couple pics of it installed

Rick

Rick

Ricks%20OBX%20IC.jpg

He did some around town testing this evening with ambient temps in the 69-73deg range he let the car idle in front of the shop for a long time to heat up the turbo and the engine. He then started driving around while the laptop on monitoring IATs. He said no matter how he drove it around it never got above 73deg or so. Under 5psi and a full 1st through 3rd gear pull it never got above 78deg and after letting off it dropped right back down to 73 VERY quickly. This may not sound like much to anyone who already has an intercooler but for STS users it is awesome! At 5psi a normal STS kit on an F-bosy can see fomr 130-150deg IATs at the end of a WOT run! :barf:

For instance my truck just running around town will see 118-120deg IATs all the time. At the end of a 6psi run I will hit 150-160deg temps and 190deg temps at 11psi and 240deg at 13psi. So you can bet I am VERY excited to see what this thing will do for my truck and coupled with the smaller exhuast housing I foresee some easy 12s in my future :)

Archived