SS vs 2012 5.0

Jokers SS

Last night a good friend of mine brought his 5.0 over so I could check it out. I gotta say, they did a great job on that car, inside and out. He added a cat back/ cold air and it sounds really nice. He's rode in my truck before and thought that it would be a pretty good run, and actually requested that we go from a stop instead of a roll. (this never happens!) This race was over after 5 feet. I put busses on him by the time we hit 70. His response was "holy ****" LMAO. In his defense, he did let me drive it and it seems a little difficult to launch. It definately would take some getting used to.

Thanks guys. My truck is radix supercharged w/a 2.9 pulley, volant cold air intake with custom ducted lower cold air, a comp cam custom ground blower cam, PRC dual valve springs with titanium retainers, HPM Monster electric fan kit, 42lbs injectors, 100mm idler pulleys and a Corsa exhaust all which keeps me grinnin ear to ear all the time!

Thanks guys. My truck is radix supercharged w/a 2.9 pulley, volant cold air intake with custom ducted lower cold air, a comp cam custom ground blower cam, PRC dual valve springs with titanium retainers, HPM Monster electric fan kit, 42lbs injectors, 100mm idler pulleys and a Corsa exhaust all which keeps me grinnin ear to ear all the time!

Damn!! Well that will for sure do it! Sounds like one hell of a set up.

First off, nice kill!!!! :-D

2nd, Pulley that sucker down!!! 170,000 on mine (2.8 pulley) and it loves it! Let it eat! ;-)

I'm jealous of ur truck one day I will get enough balls to pulley down

First off, nice kill!!!! :-D

2nd, Pulley that sucker down!!! 170,000 on mine (2.8 pulley) and it loves it! Let it eat! ;-)

170k? Damn that's sick.. did you do any motor or tranny work though to make that happen?

No motor work other then GT2/3 cam. Previous owner did some trams work (????) and when I got the truck (@70,000 miles IIRC) the trams wasn't right. The truck was detuned and had heavy torque management. I tried to remove some of that and it immediately would slip on the 1/2 shift. Shortly after, bought a used performance trans around 100,000 miles and did ok but I ended up having some issues with it and pulled it for a rebuild. Had a local guy who built the glide in my race do the trans. He did a really. Ice job and it's been in there for 30,000 miles or more at my current 12.20 power level. It has billet input, output shafts, bigger spray, clutches, servos etc. pretty much the works and has been great. Trans will be your issue like everyone else so do it right the first time. Good luck.

170k? Damn that's sick.. did you do any motor or tranny work though to make that happen?

my friend has one there fast cars. i only raced him once and it was from a 50 role and we were dead even till 110 when a bus cut us both off lol. he would of obviously got me at probably 120 but i know i would roast him hard off a light