airmanramsey

Went to a car wash and one of the guys at the car wash broke my antenna. Ive found a replacement antenna and antenna assembly but I have never replaced a antenna in my life!!! Do I have to retrace the antenna cable all the way to my stock head unit and remove the old antenna cable and run a new one or is it something easier?

Antenna Assembly

http://www.amazon.co...e/dp/B000S2U6QI

[

im pretty sure you just have to replace it, not the cables, just the whole antenna assembly

By the looks of the picture from amazon. The entire assembly is broken down into two parts. One being the antenna and the other being the base along with the coaxial cable. Does this cable connect directly to the head unit or does it connect to another cable or unit?

If it broke off I think all you have to do is unscrew the 3 bolts and get a new ant.

Can you just buy the base where the antenna rod screws into instead of buying the base with the cable?

X2

Worst case the cable is permanatly connected and you'd have to run new cable but that's not that hard.

Do you have to tear apart the dash in order to run the new cable?

[

By the looks of the picture from amazon. The entire assembly is broken down into two parts. One being the antenna and the other being the base along with the coaxial cable. Does this cable connect directly to the head unit or does it connect to another cable or unit?

Can you just buy the base where the antenna rod screws into instead of buying the base with the cable?

Do you have to tear apart the dash in order to run the new cable?

not tear apart exactly but I believe you will need to get behind the radio, not too bad I think you just need to pop the trim peice around the radio/ac unit off (just clips on)

then any screws you see around the radio if they are there. after that its just pulling the radio forward and unplugging the antenna , then running the new cable. if at all possible you may try and go in through the top maybe tape the new antenna to the old wire and pull it through from the inside.

• 2 months later...

Problem Fixed >

Okay exact steps I did to remove and replace antenna cable. First off we had to remove part of the dash and twitter panels. Most of everything pops off careful removing twitter panels use a knife or utility blade and unclip wiring harness from them. AC vents just use a knife and go in from behind the vent cover they just pop out. Youll have to remove the O Shit Handle theres a latch on the back part of it then it just pulls out. We had to unlossen the bolts for the air bag. The actual antenna cable runs right over a dash frame bar just disconnect, tap a fish line (metal line) to it and wrap it up with electrical tape. Have one person feed and another person pull the cable out we had to use a crow bar and slowly remove the cable very slowly (toke about 40 minutes) threw the firewall. Once you have pulled the antenna cable out untape and tape the new cable then do everything in reverse. Hope this helps