Transmission for turbo

I dont know much on transmissions.. but I was thinking of maybe putting a turbo next year and in the mean time work on the tranny,.. is there parts that I could just add to the tranny so it can hold up or should I just purchase a built tranny?

Pretty much, as long as it doesn't look beat to shit it should be fine, then find a reputable person or shop to dig into it and see if anything needs to be freshened up or fixed and throw a shift kit into it while its apart. And if you have awd you need a 4l80e from a 4wd truck

Pretty much, as long as it doesn't look beat to shit it should be fine, then find a reputable person or shop to dig into it and see if anything needs to be freshened up or fixed and throw a shift kit into it while its apart. And if you have awd you need a 4l80e from a 4wd truck

:withstupid: Like he said

ok man cool thanks and sorry im still learning a lot.. So far I have a custom tune, CAI, magna flow.. corvette servo.. so Im looking for the upgraded tranny and then a turbo kit stage 2 from Trick performance.

4l80e = $500

shift kit = $85

conversion kit = $750

have someone go through it to make sure its not messed up = $250

Drive line adjustment = $250

Subtract your stock tranny you can sell = -$250

Total = $1535

or..... you can buy a FLT level 7 for just over 2 times that ($3295)....I'm just saying...

Learn from my mistakes and go with an 80 if you're going forced induction

Edited by Silverado777 (see edit history)

4l80e = $500

shift kit = $85

conversion kit = $750

have someone go through it to make sure its not messed up = $250

Drive line adjustment = $250

Subtract your stock tranny you can sell = -$250

Total = $1535

or..... you can buy a FLT level 7 for just over 2 times that ($3295)....I'm just saying...

Learn from my mistakes and go with an 80 if you're going forced induction

i had a local shop quote me a 1000 bucks to do the swap wiring everything if i provided the 4l80e..... guessing thats not a good price? an i was gonna go with a FLT 4l80e level 3 if i went that route,