foglights installed

RebelOne

Defeats the purpose of the vents but to each his own. Im going to do the JKP Z06 fog light setup this summer.

What purpose do they serve? Dont even say to cool the brakes lmao. IMO they are just there for looks and fog lights look badass on these trucks

The vents are only there for appearance. You cant even see my fogs until your up close and at night the lights have to be on to see them. Didnt modify the vents in any way or take out the mesh inserts.

The vents can be used in a couple different ways besides cosmetics. Ill give a hint, Volant ram air but on a much bigger scale.

And can you prove they dont cool the rotors LA SS? Go stick your hand on the rotors after driving a couple hours and see the difference between an SS with air ducts and a regualar bumper and see what rotor has a lower temp.

Edited by 03mass (see edit history)

Can you prove that they do cool the rotors? air doesn't even hit the rotors directly, it hits the tires and goes around just like the air coming from under the bumper. If you were doing ram air they would serve a purpose but on a "stock" setup they are no more for performance purposes than the SS emblems are.

Can you prove that they do cool the rotors? air doesn't even hit the rotors directly, it hits the tires and goes around just like the air coming from under the bumper. If you were doing ram air they would serve a purpose but on a "stock" setup they are no more for performance purposes than the SS emblems are.

I beg to differ highly, but to each their own. Im glad you like the fogs rebel one. And yes, I have fealt another Silverado's rotors and my SS rotors after highway and hard cornering driving and mine were cooler. Cornering is where the air cools them off as it hits the rotors somewhat. Yes on a stock setup they dont do much, but with somethings in mind, it will only gain hp in the long term setup.Nice fogs RebelOne! I wasnt meaning to start an argument.

It has to due with ram air, not cooling brakes. I am not going to spill my idea out here as some others have the same in mind.

You are correct, the air ducts do not provide hp. Im kinda suprised that knowone can figure out what I am talking about.

Just enjoy the foglights RebelOne!!