Fuel pump info

Ok so I think I've almost got all the parts and info I need to get this P1-sc under the hood just tryin to figure out what to do about the fuel pump stuff with having the 03 SS I know I have the return style fuel set up but don't know what pump to upgrade to and lookin at this supercharger just setting on my work table is killin me like to know what options I have and what works best. Thanks

Only the 03 are the return style, GM eliminated that in 04. With my experience in using fuel pumps with my blown vehicles, I always go with Walbro. My vette has a In tank walbro 255, my camaro has a 340 Walbro in tank pumo and a inline Walbro 255. I have yet to have a issue with any of them.

The vette has heads,cam, exhaust and a procharger D-1SC.

The camaro has a little more but with the smaller P-1SC.

Just make sure to go a little above what you will need so if you plan to put more power to it, you will have the pump to handle it, instead of doing the job twice.

Edited by Blown 346 (see edit history)

Ok I've been told to get a Walbro 255 and that would do what I need but is that the universal inline model #GSL-392 ? And I am running a stock head and cam set up with no plans for major upgrades in the near future will the 255 install give me all I need running the P1 on the stock pulley and 42 pound injectors?

Intank cause an inline is not going to help pull more pressure out of a stock fuel pump. And i should have specified that you need the high pressure pump. That's not $100.

You have a few options on pumps. A boost-A-pump with a stock pump, single walbro 255, dual walbro 255's (one in tank and one inline or two in tank with a hobbs switch turning it (secondary pump) on and off), Aeromotive 340 or two in tank, Bosch 044. I also heard that Walbro finally came out with a 340 pump but i'm not 100% sure.

With any higher pump upgrade it is good advice to upgrade the pump wiring also. You can purchase a hotwire kit, or make your own wiring harness. This will help the pump(s) run better to their full output, and put less heat to them and also minimized the potential for a wiring meltdown for the pump.

Their are some good write-ups on them on this board, and they should help a ton as to what pump(s) to use and how to do it.