Need production numbers for new possible exhaust

f1ss

I spoke with a company earlier today about a new cat-back exhaust that will go along with their Long Tube Headers. After having a great conversation with one of the guys, his question was "how many Silverado SS' were produced?" I got information from "Big O" in a thread I searched and got the following.

"In 2003, the production was:

6,117 Black

2,802 Red

1,103 Blue

Making a total of 10,022 Silverado SSs.

Final production numbers for the 2004 Model Year of Silverado SS's were:

5098 units"

I do know that 05s, 06s and 07s were not kept track of production wise. However, I was hoping we could get some original and new members to help out.

I am guessing about 30-40,000 units came out of TecStar being a Silverado SS. I could be way off, but that is the reason I am asking for help from senior members who have some info that a normal Joe like me would not have.

I was thinking of giving TecStar a call, but I have no idea if they are still in business as Oshawa shutdown (even though TecStar is owned by Quantum).

I also am not sure if this exhaust will be tailored to just our truck like Billy Boat did. We only discussed an exhaust for the Silverado SS. And if so, they would need interest so they dont waste their time and R&D $$$, and not sell only 15-30 exhaust a year. They are interested in this project, and we have a month in idea when to do this exhaust.

The other situation is their might not be enough interest or it is agreed that enough SS trucks have magnaflow, Corsa, Flowmaster, etc cat backs that I will bring up the idea that this new cat back could be used also with the V-Max trucks and nnbs trucks with the L92 engine which would create a much bigger market.

I appreciate your time reading this information and hope we can get an estimate on some numbers for the Silverado SS, besides from Big O's answer which was very helpfull.

Thank you Fireman, every little bit helps.

We need to show interest, and Im kinda surprised their hasnt been as much as I thought, even though Im asking about production numbers. I will have to approach the guy about this cat back be used along with the nnbs 6.2 and V-Max.

Last call with this thread, would anyone be interested in an ARH cat back to match up with their LT's?

I will be posting next in the V-Max section about this, I am extremely suprised their isnt interest in this, besides blown346 and another member from a thread a couple weeks ago.

This is not going to happen. Most SSS trucks already have modified exhaust, and ARH will throw this idea in the trash very quickly considering there will be about half a dozen people on this site who actually purchase, none of which will be anyone who has already posted in this thread.

Thank you for your opinion, as always! And I dont think you can speak for ARH.

I am bringing up the idea of having these cat backs work on the L92 and V-Max trucks, so their is a bigger audience, not just SS trucks.

This is not going to happen. Most SSS trucks already have modified exhaust, and ARH will throw this idea in the trash very quickly considering there will be about half a dozen people on this site who actually purchase, none of which will be anyone who has already posted in this thread.

Agreed. Aint happining

Check out my Thread in the VHO section. It has some 05-06 SS production numbers for 2wd. That compnine website has since reopened and you may be able to info through it. I never pulled the AWD info or any other years from it.

Good luck!!! I have Been trying to decide what cat back to buy for my truck.

...I am bringing up the idea of having these cat backs work on the L92 and V-Max trucks, so their is a bigger audience, not just SS trucks.

6.2 trucks have 3.5" stock piping, so idk how it would transfer over but it would be cool if it did

They have a a couple ideas in mind, he told me over the phone. Im glad to see some interest come up, ARH is watching this thread. And its newer, younger owners with an SS that will be interested, not someone who has already modded their truck.

1Fastbrick I will check it out and chime in or start another thread soon in the VHO section, if you guys allow me into your area of the club :)

Blown346, they are very interested in this project. We have a month set aside to do this. It seems this project must be designed with the VHO, SS and L92 engine in mind.

The ASSet, I do not know much about the piping, but that will be helpful. I will bring it up with them, they have a specific setup in mind with a couple ideas I suggested like true duals or just a muffler etc.

If either of you two guys have any ideas or other input, please add.