Considering Trading my Silverado for an SS, OPINIONS?

TvsQuez

I have an 08 silverado with 53k miles on it right now. tvs1900, tranny rebuilt, cam, headers, true trac, and all bolt ons, on meth. 545rwhp right now. A good friend has an 03 SS Blue, and AWD. Something i've always wanted by the way. It was a theft recovery, as i'll state that off the top. Pics,carfax all seen. The ss is bone stock, body is straight, and truck is in good condition. Trade was offered for mine, and on top of getting the SS, i'd get Turbo kit, meth, servo,shift kit,gauges,body and paint fixed,Forged, and few other things (minor things) i asked if he could fix. All original SS parts were put back in the truck by the way. Very clean. Has maybe 100k on motor. I don't plan on selling anything at all, it's going to be a keeper. Just seeing what you guys think? Ask for more? bad trade? I've always wanted one, and the person is very reputable here in town and will be doing all the work. (owns a performance shop in town).

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in the same position as you are now two years ago and ened up trading my 05 Crew Cab 5.3L for my truck now a 03 SSS and would do it all over again if I had to..So if you have wanted one its best to do it or it will always bug you that it was there and you didn't get it......GO FOR IT BRO!!!

Thank you everyone. I did the deal. I'm getting it forged, and tranny done. So when it comes out of the shop, it's ready to go, and I don't have to tell myself i half azzed everything. Hopefully, it's faster then what i have. I know it'll look nicer lol

Your gonna love it. No trucks get more heads turning than ours.. I have seen a man trip over hi wife looking at mine lol.

Haha that same thing happened to me like 2 days ago!!! Lmao this fine chick was looking over and I gave her a nod and he man got all butt hurt lol she was probably just checkin me out :P

• 2 weeks later...

You will never regret, I have a black C5 Corvette thats always clean and shining and has new polished wheels but I get more thumbs up and waves when I drive my 03 black SS Silverado. I took delivery last week on black billet grile, smoked headlight and taillight covers and I hold three landspeed records in my truck.

Congratulations