Headers?

I have a 2006 SS Current mods are just intake, dual flowmaster exhaust, and mail order tune (wheatley). Im thinking of putting Pacesetter LT headers, X pipe, and using my current flowmaster muffler, with some cut-outs but debating about it since I live in Cali (emissions). Oh, and still have no idea on what to do about the cats, now my question is what do you guys think about the set-up? those in Cali with LTs how hard is it for emissions testing any recommendations will be greatly appreciate it, Truck used to be my DD but since I recently got a DD not anymore, which its way more better on gas now :cool:. if it matters I have about 1000$ to spare on parts. Any other input on other parts will also help.

Here is my DD.

43b22933.jpg

Edited by SATRKSINTMIDATOR (see edit history)

Careful with calspeeds, if you're 2wd you'll be ok but alot of 4wd/awd guys have problems with fitment and have to modify them

I'm going with those, can't beat it for the price. Well, you might have to beat em a bit to get em in but for almost a grand below arh headers I have no problem heating them up and smacking them

edit: never clicked that link lol i was refering to calspeeds headers not pacesetters

Edited by The_aSSet (see edit history)

in CA this is about the best you can do and still pass smog..

http://www.bassani.com/part/601500C

cut outs are another no-no.. check CA motor vehicle regs. i would keep the cats. if there in good shape, they still flow very well. over the past couple of years, the the smog inspectors are getting very nit-picky on after market parts. no CARB. sticker, or number stamped on the part, NO PASS...i have been running TOG's on my truck since 04, going to the same smog shop for a lot of years, and they almost failed me last year because i can't find the bill of sale, with the OE # on it. they even questioned my Volant.

1) keep it stock

2) find someone to look the outer way, and that's getting harder due to the hefty fines

3) put LT's on and keep all the stock parts, and replace for inspection every 2 years, and hope you don't get stoped at a road side inspection..

good luck..