Strip wheels and tires?

GI.SS

Well since your 2wd compared to others awd their will be different answers. 18x 8.5 inch American Racing Rims TT ST Rims Anthracite with Chrome lip. I havent had these rims at the drag track as I am not reaching to be the fastest do I care. Their perfect though for BBK's and track times.

if memory serves the 2 wheel drive guys need 17's and the awd guys can use 16's.

If your looking for a tire swap out at the track, MT et street radials, or a MT et street wrinkle wall

If your looking for a set of tires to run on the street and the track, toyo proxes 4. Granted I'm AWD but i've had very good luck with this tire, I've been able to pull 1.6 60 foot times on it. Hard to estimate what a 2 wheel drive would do. These are car tires and not rated for our trucks, use at your own risk. I've been running them for 2+ years now.

For rims, A centerline forged 20, or 17 if you want. My 20's weight in at under 25 pounds a piece. My whole wheel set up went from 82 on the stockers to around 42 or so with the centerlines and toyo tires

yes they do have drums out back but im going to be converting to a 13" disc setup. im gonna have to check out the proxes but im leaning towards a strictly track tire that i can bolt on at the house, drive ten min to the track and run. then drive home, without being hassled by johnny law

• 3 weeks later...

if memory serves the 2 wheel drive guys need 17's and the awd guys can use 16's.

If your looking for a tire swap out at the track, MT et street radials, or a MT et street wrinkle wall

If your looking for a set of tires to run on the street and the track, toyo proxes 4. Granted I'm AWD but i've had very good luck with this tire, I've been able to pull 1.6 60 foot times on it. Hard to estimate what a 2 wheel drive would do. These are car tires and not rated for our trucks, use at your own risk. I've been running them for 2+ years now.

For rims, A centerline forged 20, or 17 if you want. My 20's weight in at under 25 pounds a piece. My whole wheel set up went from 82 on the stockers to around 42 or so with the centerlines and toyo tires

is this true that you can run a 16" rim on awd trucks?