Wind noise in rear side window, checked it and the window fell off.

Sneakystiffler21

I know this is a common issue in the SS where the wind noise in the rear side windows especially the passenger side. Mine finally got on my nerves when I went through the car wash the other day and opened my back door to water splashing on my feet where the damn thing leaked from the pressurized water. Door panel was full of water and seat and floorboard were soaked. So I got home and opened the door and popped the window open and thank God id did it while standing out side the truck, the window fell off the truck when I popped the latch inside and I barley caught it before it hit the ground and shattered. From what the plastic hinge part looks like it was installed wrong and stretched the plastic pieces where they won't hold the window in. I'm going to use a tube of black silicon and seal both back windows shut and fix the latched where they won't open, just scary that if someone had opened the window while going down the highway it would have been ripped off the truck....

Rant over, just check your rear windows if they're noisy.

Mine does the same thing. Passenger side only. Is there no real fix for it that works?

The longer latches worked for a lot of people. I wasn't so lucky. I've read where some people that didn't want to permanently seal the windows shut used a bead of Vaseline (or something like it) around the whole window / weatherstripping, and that helped. I think some others added an additional layer of thin weatherstripping on top of the existing factory weatherstripping, and that worked. I just gave up and lived with the wind noise. :-)

Edit: The issue generally only exists on the passenger side. Strange.

Edited by Hankg42 (see edit history)

I went to lowes and got some of the door weather stripping. Basically it has a sticky adhesive on the one side and I just cut it to length and went around the original seal after I cleaned it. Now you have to use a little force to close the window latch, but no more noise. The weather stripping is thick enough to take up the void and seal the window completly.