anybody using lowering leafs?

just wondering if anybody is using lowering leafs if so what are you using and part number or link if you got it. i want a over all drop of 2/4. i have 2" shackles in the rear as of now and want another 2 inches in the rear so i want to do leafs instead of hangers . i already have 2" spindles for up front that i need to put on.

I used Belltech #5952 when I was lowered 2/4. They are 3" leafs but on mine it went lower. The ride was real stiff. I ended up using air shocks and it was better until I decided I wanted to go lower. We installed them on another truck when I took them off and he ended up taking them off cause he didn't like the "harsh" ride.

I stopped by a local spring place here in town after work and they said they could take some of the arc out of my stock leafs for 150$the if i brought them the leafs off of the truck but they cant guarantee it will be a perfect 2" unless they have the truck there and take them off them selves but will cost 400$ then but i dont trust them with my truck.

I stopped by a local spring place here in town after work and they said they could take some of the arc out of my stock leafs for 150$the if i brought them the leafs off of the truck but they cant guarantee it will be a perfect 2" unless they have the truck there and take them off them selves but will cost 400$ then but i dont trust them with my truck.

I wouldn't do that. I can only imagine how bad that would affect the ride and towing/hauling capability(if you care about that). Seems like a sketchy idea to me. Drop leafs or hangers are best bet.

that would get him 6" instead of the 4 he wants...

2in lifting shackles

I wouldn't do that. I can only imagine how bad that would affect the ride and towing/hauling capability(if you care about that). Seems like a sketchy idea to me. Drop leafs or hangers are best bet.

exactly.

well if you decide u dont want leafs i have hangers i got from will that i dont think ill be using. lmk woody. :jester: .

silverado ss- i dont believe there could be lifting shackles just because of the size of the stock shackles. theyd have to be backwards in order to lift and then the truck would not sit right and thats why they use blocks or leafs to lift. jmo tho

personally id so frame hangers sense you already have shackles. i have rode in a few buddys trucks. one had a flip kit and it rode like crap super stiff he had all the right shocks and he was not happy with it.