difficulty starting?

gmcsierragt

Ok so I change the fuel filter, and no changes yet. It is definately not the starter, the starter cranks just fine, it doesnt turn over slow or anything, it just doesnt fire up right away. Im gonna test the fuel pressure as soon as I can. can anyone tell me where the fuel pressure regulator is? and what one costs? is there a way to tell if its the pump or the regulator? A mechanic friend suggested it could be a crank sensor any thoughts on that?

Ok so I change the fuel filter, and no changes yet. It is definately not the starter, the starter cranks just fine, it doesnt turn over slow or anything, it just doesnt fire up right away. Im gonna test the fuel pressure as soon as I can. can anyone tell me where the fuel pressure regulator is? and what one costs? is there a way to tell if its the pump or the regulator? A mechanic friend suggested it could be a crank sensor any thoughts on that?

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=64409

Yea so I changed my fuel filter and my fuel pressure regulator and no change, still starts hard..... dont say its the starter lol, I promise its not, It cranks over just fine, its just that before it would start right up and lately it cranks for about 10 seconds and doesnt fire on the first try, once it does fire sometimes it will sputter to life for a couple seconds(not every time does it sputter upon start up) but once its running, its fine, no loss of power, no issues. I have had a P0496 check engine light code for a long time, I usually just clear the code, If I remeber right that is a evap sensor? not completely sure, could that be the issue?

Before you spend time and money on a fuel pump try something simple first...Where do you get gas? I had very similar issues in my truck and i threw a bunch of maoney at it..fuel pump, etc.. and it never corrected itself because I kept getting shit gas at the same place..by coincidence i stopped at a shell on my way home and filled it up..next mornign the truck fired right up and never had those issues again since swithcing stations

I wish it was that simple, Ive gotten gas at multiple places since this issue started

Before you spend time and money on a fuel pump try something simple first...Where do you get gas? I had very similar issues in my truck and i threw a bunch of maoney at it..fuel pump, etc.. and it never corrected itself because I kept getting shit gas at the same place..by coincidence i stopped at a shell on my way home and filled it up..next mornign the truck fired right up and never had those issues again since swithcing stations