exhaust options shorty or lt headers?

chrisprater

looking at putting a flowmaster 50 series on my truck and some high flow cats. should i use long tubes or shortys?

don't really see any full flowmaster cat backs with 50 series mufflers. does anyone know if they make them ? any sites that are good for performance parts and exhausts? id like to do a full exhaust without any custom pipe cutting, but i am having a hard time finding parts for these trucks. any help...???

Chris.

There are so many diff mufflers out there with diff sounds. You gotta think about what's gonna make you happy for the money your spending. I have about 1400 in my exhaust. I like the way it sounds because it's not to loud, it sounds good at idle and really throaty at WOT. All preference. There is a thread a couple months ago on exhaust sound listen to them and it might help you out.

From what i have read on this forum, shorty headers are a waste of money and time. Long tubes are the only way to go. I run Flowmaster on my truck, because that is what was on it when i got it. When I change, I will go either Corsa (if i have the cash) or Magnaflow. It is all in what you think sounds good. Spin techs sound great to me too. Very aggressive though and not sure if they offer a cat-back or not. The best sound is all a matter of opinion, so just go with what sounds good to you.