ac blows hot air

lumbeepride

Becareful when you release it, You also release the pag oil in the compressor. By doing that you can destroy your compressor.

Honestly the best bet is to have the system professionally evacuated, pressure tested for leaks, and recharged with Freona nd new pag oil. At this point Im sure your system has condensation in it and that is not good for it. Its cheaper to have the system re charged the right way then try and do it your self and damage it and have to replace it. By over filling or under filling you can damage your system.

Becareful when you release it, You also release the pag oil in the compressor. By doing that you can destroy your compressor.

Honestly the best bet is to have the system professionally evacuated, pressure tested for leaks, and recharged with Freona nd new pag oil. At this point Im sure your system has condensation in it and that is not good for it. Its cheaper to have the system re charged the right way then try and do it your self and damage it and have to replace it. By over filling or under filling you can damage your system.

:withstupid:

It is most likely not over-filled. The gauge will read really high anytime the compressor is not running. Check and see if your compressor is spinning when you switch on the AC. I am having the same problem right now. Coincidentally, I also had the house AC repair guy over recently and he schooled me on how the whole system works. My truck AC will only work when the engine is cold and when only driving on city streets. Hit the highway and it shuts off. Warm the engine up and switch it on, and nothing. The manual says that you can remove the pressure sensor on the side of the accumulator bottle, insert a jumper wire between the two pins, and the compressor should turn on. It didn't work for me. I started the truck cold, immediately attached the recharge canister, and the gauge read normal. I added some refrigerant anyway and it seemed to help for a day or two. I am going to replace the belt today (just because it is due anyway). Any chance the compressor has some kind of belt tension sensor? I have 150k on my '06 GMC VortecMax and have thought about replacing the belt tensioners just to be safe. What do you think?

ive been working on cars for a very long time as a professional and a/c is my thing. i see more mess ups from people using cans with one gauge.the low side is important and so is the high side.the most comman problem is getting the exact amount in the car.with a can its all guess work.also on chevy trucks they are known for orfice tubes clugging.

Best thing is pay the money to take it to a reliable person to have it charged.(no not jiffy lube or valvaline)

released to atmosphere? :nono:

just because the low side reads high does not automatically mean its over charged. i see it all the time when the charge gets so low it shuts the system down completely. most of the time when that happens, the gauge will actually go to "retard" on the low side. best thing to do is have it evacuated, vacuumed down and leak checked.

Agreed with prior 2 posts, always have a reputable a/c shop due the work that way you know your system does not have leaks and it has the proper amount of oil/freon in the system it may cost more up front but you wont be playing guessing games, just get it done right the first time.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2