Need help with recent E-fan swap

Ok well I just swapped in 05 silverado ss e fans. Used an OEM harness. Got the whole thing done up, truck started on the first try with the new pcm tune from wheatley. Fans were spinning almost right away (low speed), truck didn't even get up to operating temp and started smoking within a minute or so... I'm very confused.

Salvaged pins 25 and 28 from the rear o2 sensors. Off of that first plug on the oem harness I spliced in the green wire to pin 42 on the blue connector, and the blue wire to pin 33 on the green connector. Ground must be fine since the fans spun?

I have the 145 amp alternator, new optima yellow top, just recently cleaned the throttle body and K&N Air filter. One thing to note is that the tune is tuned for the new LT headers I have, cat delete, and a 165 thermostat which I haven't put on just yet, the parts arrived last night going on this weekend.

Any ideas?

I used this build thread to base most of my install off of.

http://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/technical-write-ups-201/installing-06-chevy-e-fans-01-chevy-484892/

Might be a false alarm on the smoking. I think its because of the penetrating oil I sprayed on the exhaust manifold bolts in preparation for the header install.

HOWEVER my one low beam HID isn`t turning on, and neither are the fog lights now... wtf

Have you re-started her since your initial re-start? I would think that a minute or two wouldn't be enough time to reach temp. high enough to turn the fans on.

Has the smoking stopped / was it the penetrating oil on the exhaust?

As to the fog lights and HID; Any chance you jogged a wire or fuse while wiring in your fan harness?

Hope you get her sorted out.

Thanks for the link, that's a nice how to.