STS users with FMIC...

F8L Z71

I was doing some testing with the G-Timer today (don't groan, the damn thing is very accurate when used right).

While testing I was watching my boost guage and it is very unstable now. Before the FMIC it would hit full boost and stay there. Now it varies by as much a 4psi and can spike even more. On the 3 runs I did today I would hit 13psi which is about where we have the wastegate set but at times durring the run it would crap up to 14psi then drop down to almost 11psi then hit a shift and spike to 15psi.

The fix for this as I know it is to run the vacume line from the wastegate to the front of the truck so you can get the vacume source AFTER the IC which will allow the wastegate to do it's job and keep boost steady. I am waiting on a call back form Dave to get instructions on exactly how to do this and if we should use steelbraided line or not. I'll report back when I have the info and have it all set up.

Ohh, and just as a teaser. It seems my questionable run at [email protected] 1.72 60' the other night might be closer than I thought. Every once in awhile I get a fluke run on the G-Timer which is 4 10ths and about 4mph too fast but the 60' is dead on. :confused: I always throw that one out and keep the rest. Well today I went 12.25 @ 108.2 1.68 60', 11.90@112 1.62 60' , 12.28@108 1.67 60'. The temps were 61deg outside and the road is about as level as you can get being a highway and all. I am not doubting the 60' at least because I stalled it up and launched with 7psi and the truck shook back and forth while rocketing forward. It was the crazyiest feeling. Almost like playing tug-O-war with a dog the way he shakes his head back and forth, that's what the truck felt like! :eek:

The track was closed last night so I have to wait till Wed. or Sat. to get real #s but I am feeling pretty damn good right now. Mid 12s may actually be doable if I can keep boost constant.

how is your tranny holding up to all the stalling, do you have a built tranny in it curently ? and i also am with MN keep the updates coming :thumbs:

Please don't jinx me.... :shakehead:

LOL

It is the stock trans with just a shift kit and stall. I am lining up a 4l80E right now but will still need to buy a new converter so I am not sure when I can afford it. I need to sell my GTP stage 2+ heads so I can afford it all. Know anyone that needs a set of killer heads?

I'll defiantely keep you guys updated. :flag:

Archived