Valve covers

Hey guys, I was looking at these and wondering about that breather that goes to the intake manifold off of the drivers side valve cover. These after market covers don't seem to have that. Is it needed?

http://www.abad71camaro.com/servlet/the-6078/Polished-LS1-LS2-LS6/Detail

I'd keep the stockers and paint the brackets and coil packs and maybe the covers, as well. The stock pcv system does a good job of sucking the fuel vapors out of the crankcase and I definately wouldn't give it up for no reason. I don't see a port for a pcv OR the breather on those covers. You could just stick a breather in the oil fill hole, but it wouldn't do near as good as the stock suction setup. Less fuel in oil equals longer engine/oil life.

Hey guys, I was looking at these and wondering about that breather that goes to the intake manifold off of the drivers side valve cover. These after market covers don't seem to have that. Is it needed?

http://www.abad71camaro.com/servlet/the-6078/Polished-LS1-LS2-LS6/Detail

My buddy has those same cover and they fit just like stock. They are actually very nice covers, you dont need to spend a million dollars on them for them to work and fit like they should. Unless you want to pay for brand names.

Otherwise with the PCV hook up off the driver valve cover, everyone just runs a catch can as these motors do suck up oil and the catch can will prevent this and better evacuate Bottom end pressures. Thats what i would do, I wouldnt cap off that PCV, keep it active.

Edited by Blown 346 (see edit history)

i have them. they go on very good. i drilled a big hole in back of drivers for a rubber grommet and the pcv then drilled the oil cap for a breather on pass side. fyi, DO NOT use the gaskets they come with, they seem stretched and i found out the hard way. just get new GM ones. and you have to bolt them down exactly perfect so they line up and seal right. stockers have a small lip on cover to bolt on perfect but these dont. overall i love the way they look.

i have them. they go on very good. i drilled a big hole in back of drivers for a rubber grommet and the pcv then drilled the oil cap for a breather on pass side. fyi, DO NOT use the gaskets they come with, they seem stretched and i found out the hard way. just get new GM ones. and you have to bolt them down exactly perfect so they line up and seal right. stockers have a small lip on cover to bolt on perfect but these dont. overall i love the way they look.

Got pics?

The stock gaskets they come with worked just fine for us. We just had to go over them a bit to sit down in the groove in the cover, but they fit perfect.

I was going to buy these as they show a little better.

http://www.gmperformancemotor.com/parts/25534399.html

Edited by Blown 346 (see edit history)

I have those ones. Iv had them for about 4 years on 3 different motors and had them painted 3 diff colors. They work great but they're cast aluminum and break If dropped. Im going to have them powder coated a carbon fiber look for the SS with a victor jr intake and red fuel rails should look meannnn ;) srry for thread jacking