calling L92 head guys!

hey guys, i've decided to go the L92 head route with a 224/230 .581/.591 114LSA cam. The heads will have 918 springs, stock solid valves and stock rocker arms. i plan on going boost in the future thats why im going with the 114LSA and solid valves. my questions are as follows,

-will i be okay with stock push rods(lq9), lifters(lq9) and rocker arms(l92)?

-im lost on what to use for a intake. l92 intake is what i was planing, but what about the TB, and which X-link?

-how do the fuel lines hook up? any rerouting needed to fit the l92 intake?

-what injectors should i go with as i plan on boost in the future. 60lb?

any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

hey guys, i've decided to go the L92 head route with a 224/230 .581/.591 114LSA cam. The heads will have 918 springs, stock solid valves and stock rocker arms. i plan on going boost in the future thats why im going with the 114LSA and solid valves. my questions are as follows,

-im lost on what to use for a intake. l92 intake is what i was planing, but what about the TB, and which X-link?

1. Get better springs, 918's are prone to breaking. Better safe than sorry. Patriot dual golds imo.

2. Lifters can be reused, get hardened 7.4 pushrods, you only need the 8 offset INTAKE rockers, the exhaust rockers can be reused.

3. You use the l92 intake (or whatever alternative for rectangle port heads) use an LS3 tb or truck tb, but the truck tb is 3mm smaller its 87mm instead of a true 90mm(but either way) use a v2 or higher x-link for the tb connections.

4. Fuel lines hook up fine.

5. I used tall 60# Siemens Deka, but you have to get/make spacers for your fuel rails I believe mine were half inch or 3/4.

6. Use GM exhaust gaskets for our trucks, but the **head gaskets should be L92 head gaskets**

7. If you open up your valve covers and see plastic baffling then you need to cut that out for the rockers not to hit. If you don't see any, you're good to go.

P.S. The intake side of the l92's are gigantic but that leaves the exhaust side lacking in flow numbers. Just something to think about before you dive into this swap. Also that cam works great with stock heads.

Ok here we go, your push rods and lifters are just fine, you only need the L92 intake rockers, re-use your exhaust rockers, Run a L92 intake if you don't want to lose your bottom end power, you can run a x-link with a 87mm tbss/nnbs TB or a LS2 TB you can also contact F.A.S.T. and get there adapter plate to run your stock thottle body (probably the better idea since a lot of us are having issues with the x-links!), your truck is a returnless 05 so your fuel line will go right on, i would go with 60-80lb injectors for now both can be tuned for NA until your ready for boost!

• 2 weeks later...

What fuel line mods must be made on a 2003 return style system? Going to be making this swap very soon

That's a good Q for the 03 guys

Also, should I check the valves for hight when seated and how do I set my valve clearances (I missed that day in class in collage, damn flu) or am I good to just throw the valves and heads on NP? After doing a bit of research im really doubting the use of the 918s, patriot dual golds are sounding good. Are the lock grooves in the L92 valves different than the LQ9s valve grooves?