radio help

You have to take the thing apart and have the cd player motor replaced. Its a common issue. To fix the radio your avergae cost is over $200. Mine did thisd and I went out a bought a Aftermarket Double Din. Otherwise a factory Cd player is $600 from the dealer, or about $300 used.

Edited by Blown 346 (see edit history)

You have to take the thing apart and have the cd player motor replaced. Its a common issue. To fix the radio your avergae cost is over $200. Mine did thisd and I went out a bought a Aftermarket Double Din. Otherwise a factory Cd player is $600 from the dealer, or about $300 used.

im just gonna do a double din as well.any precautions i should know before doing this

You will need to buy the GM MS04 harness so Onstar, doors chimes will work. The cheapest place to go for that is Amazon. I spent like $60 on it instead of the $160 from anywhere else. You can buy the steering wheel controls if you want those to work as well. Get that from Amazon as well. You will need the installation kit also from amazon which is like $12. With my double din, there is some fiberglass and plastic from the behind the stock radio that will have to be cut out for the double din to fit all the way in. It has no purpose just left over flashing from the dash mold from GM...

I will get my reciepts and give you all the part numbers for what you need so your not searching for the right stuff. Otherwise, you can do the install yourself in about an hour.

no onstar in my truck the only thing that i would like to reuse is the steering wheel controls.i was on crutchfield and they want 120 for the wiring which is for the onstar chime and wheel controls. and the mount is included.

im still looking tho.

anyone ever use TNR Touchscreen Navigation Radio.dont know if it would work in my truck or not

here is the part #

This radio head unit will work in the following vehicles (RPO code UQ7 or UQA)

GM interchangeable part # 15800000, 10377287, 10379287, 15120706and 10351123. The Delphi part number is 28032959

Installation kit.

Metra Double Din Instalation kit for 90 and up Gm/ Honda etc...

Steering Wheel controls

Metra Axxess ASWC Universal Steering wheel control Interface (black)

Radio harness

Axxess GOS-04 Class II Onstar Interface for amplified systems. (Meaning Bose system.) This will still work for your truck even tho it doesnt have onstar. My last truck didnt have it and it wokred great. Now Im using it in my other truck.

Antenna

Metra 40-GM10 Antenna Adapter

Edited by Blown 346 (see edit history)

cool thanks for your help man

If ur looking for a good double din, check out pioneer. A good majority of guys on here run these, myself included. I don't remember the model number of mine but there basically two version, one has the buttons on the side(older) and the other the button are along the bottom(newer). The newer one u can play music through Bluetooth I believe and the iPod hook up isn't in the front like the other, plus the screen is a bit bigger...and of course more $$$...GL :)

Sent from my 4G Razor