Tune for CNC'd heads

MID12sSSS

So, i sent out my PCM to Zippy to have it tuned for my forged LQ9 build. The CNC'd heads i planned on using are on national backorder until late september. Think i can run my stock heads on the tune for the ported heads for 2months until the CNC'd ones arrive? I sent Zippy a text asking the same question, but it takes him a bit to reply as he is a busy man. Thought id hit up the forum members... Thanks guys.

Yeah. The heads i ordered are just ported stock 317 heads. So hopefully ill be fine. If anything, maybe ill be running a little rich, as the tune is expecting more airflow, compensating with more fuel. Compression is the same. Ill just save my roller rockers and cometic head gaskets for my cnc'd heads when the finally arrive..

I bet Zippy has some good VE tables that he uses, so I would not be too worried as long as you tell him what you have. IMO untill you get a live tune there will always be some left on the table to protect your truck.

I bet Zippy has some good VE tables that he uses, so I would not be too worried as long as you tell him what you have. IMO untill you get a live tune there will always be some left on the table to protect your truck.

Agreed! I will run the base tune for awhile until i can have a knowledgeable person do a live tune. There are a few guys in town to do it, but no one like zippy, thats for sure. And for the time being, id rather run a little rich than lean. Haha.

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)