New Member Problems with Acceleration

jdpiii3

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What did you log?? just pulling the codes is not going to help. YOu could have them look at the MAF readings? See if its getting the full amount of timing at the spots? You could have timing pulled and that would feel flat, your throttle position would not matter if timing is getting pulled out.

Does the truck have a tune?? The stock tune delays the PE...and some other things that make the trucks feel down on power??

good luck, but I would try to not start replacing parts with out a plan, ie you could fix something that would make truck run better but not fix the problem only to rear its ulgy head later.

its a stock tune, the truck never did this before. The guys at the shop drove the truck for 30 min or so and with the basic computer the show everything is running fine (No codes) but they also feel the lag/ bog down on hard acceleration, they think the stock program is acting up so they want to computer tune the truck before replacing parts. can the MAF or TB cause problems and not be throwing codes?

Start by pulling off the throttlebody being careful not to damage the o-ring. clean the back side of the throttlebody and on the inside of the intake (reach your hand in there with a rag with some carb and choke cleaner or brake clean on it and clean it good. Don't use paper towels.) Re-install the tb and torque it to proper specs.

Was the cat replaced with a factory cat or aftermarket? You should change both at the same time. I am still thinking it's a cat problem but cleaning the throttlebody and intake is easy and can also be the issue. I would also crawl under the truck and tap the cats to see if one seems to sound different than the other.

Start by pulling off the throttlebody being careful not to damage the o-ring. clean the back side of the throttlebody and on the inside of the intake (reach your hand in there with a rag with some carb and choke cleaner or brake clean on it and clean it good. Don't use paper towels.) Re-install the tb and torque it to proper specs.

Was the cat replaced with a factory cat or aftermarket? You should change both at the same time. I am still thinking it's a cat problem but cleaning the throttlebody and intake is easy and can also be the issue. I would also crawl under the truck and tap the cats to see if one seems to sound different than the other.

Thanks Sinr98 The shop replaced the bad cat with a high flow cat, they said yesterday that the other cat was still good I will have it checked again. I'll remove and clean the throttle body and the inside of the intake.

yea the Chevy dealer wanted to sell me a new wheel hub not just the ABS sensor, they told me it was all one unit and couldn't replace just the sensor, until I pulled out the GM replacement part number.

Well I dont know how anything above 03 works but I went on a trip to the lake a while back and there was alot of mountains and hills...and I had already been telling my dad weeks before the truck felt slow and after the trip I knew something was wrong. Took the fuel filter off and emptied it into a bottle and it was pure mudd and rust.....did not even smell like gas. While the 04's up might be part of the fuel pump I dont see how that rules it out, how did they check it?

Hi guys I’m Joe and new to Silveradoss.com. I’ve owned my SS since 2005 I love the truck. I also have a 2002 Corvette Z06

As of late I have been having an issue with acceleration, if I try to launch the truck from a dead stop It feels like the truck is gasping for air/fuel it also sometimes feels like it might stall out at a traffic light and the RPM’s drop below 500. I’ve cleaned the mass air flow sensor & and the throttle body I also did a full Seafoam treatment. Wires and sparkplugs are 1 year old. I’m not getting any codes and the truck runs fine at speed and accelerates well when moving or passing.

Any ideas?

This may be something you might want to get a proper diagnosis for at a dealership. If you would like me to check your VIN, please feel free to PM us at your convenience.

Brandon (Assisting Tricia)

Chevrolet Customer Service

This may be something you might want to get a proper diagnosis for at a dealership. If you would like me to check your VIN, please feel free to PM us at your convenience.

Brandon (Assisting Tricia)

Chevrolet Customer Service

Thanks, but I have had to many bad experiences at the dealership for out of warranty repairs

$1,700. for a steering wheel lock problem with my Z06 I fixed it for $59.

$2,700 for a ABS/ Traction Control/ Active Handling problem I fixed for $150.

and most recent an ABS problem with my SS they wanted $600 for a new wheel hub and I fixed for $86.00