The New SS Ice Edition

boitano

I was going for a nice flame job, but this is how it turned out...

SSIce.JPG

The weather in Southwestern Ontario is Craptastic right now. We usually don't get much snow past the 1st of March, but here we are, April 4 with an ice storm.

I'll post some more pics of the truck (in nice weather) when I get nice weather.

Don't feel so bad, up ere in Northeastern Ontario we still have 8 inches on the ground. We've had snow covering the ground since the 20th of October. Look like we're gonna have 6 months of snow. Forcast for tonight and tomorrow morning another 5cm of snow. Forcast for next week snow, snow, snow and freezing rain and I gotta go down to Newmarket next Friday to get a Line-x job for my SS. Might have to postpone it.

Was down to London Ont. for the first time ever last spring. Visited Tillsonberg and St. Thomas areas too. Very nice part of the province.

By the way, it's common here to have the lakes still frozen over and snow in the bush for the May 24 weekend!

I think your truck will thaw out before mine.

Question? Are they still using salt on the road there or are they using that very viscious salt emulsion stuff that will rot out an SS in two winters? :jester::cheers::thumbs:

St Thomas eh? That is right in my back yard. My question is then, what exactly prompted you to visit Tilsonburg and St Thomas? It's not like there is much to see around here (other then my SS)!

The lakes around be better be thawed by the May 2-4 weekend... this weather sucks. I've had to wash my truck twice in one week and it's still dirty.

Thats not that bad.Just north of me in Minot,ND they got 15 inches of fresh snow yesterday.It kinda funny because it was in 60's and 70"s over the weekend.Im in Bismarck/Mandan and we didnt get anything,but its only 29 out right now.I quess not to cold.

Boitano: I was actually in Strathroy. My ex-girlfriend is from there and I brought her down as she got a job working for a tree planting co. She wanted to spend the summer with her son who lived in Tillsonberg. While down, we took a drive around and went through St. Thomas. Nice town. The whole area is gorgeous motorcycling country! Too bad I wrecked my Yamaha FZ1 when a cop blew a stop sign and hit me June 2001. Look like no more motorcycling for me. (well...maybe). If I can get on a bike again I will go down and try out all your cool country roads. I was really salivating when I took the road from Tillsonberg down to I think it's called Port Burwell. AWESOME!!!!!!

Blew a u-joint at Long Point. and the owner of Wayne High Automotive in St. Williams stayed open to repair my Suburban. Real Nice!! Not forgotten!! Would have been stuck there for the weekend.

I expect to be down in the London, Strathroy area this summer looking for an apartment bldg. to buy. If I am, maybe I can look you up.

Still haven't got my SS on the road. Kinda worried about all that salt emulsion on the road. Got a '89 Suburban that I restored to suck up all the salt.

How's your runnin'? I got a blue one like yours and can't wait to get it out next friday when I go to Newmarket for the line-x.

Man, I had to chizel another layer of ice off my car windows this morning but today I smartened up and let it idle for 10 minutes before heading out to scrape away... :D ...yesterdays ice was worse (april 4th)...furkin snow and ice :fume:

A little after midnight now, -18 c (0 f) for you guys south of the border. Supposed to go to -22c (-8f) tonight! No relief from this stupid cold until middle of next week. But at least we didn't get all the snow and ice you guys got down south. My condolences!! :(

Spring is on the way isn't it? I'm tired of lookin' at snow. Haven't seen my lawn since October.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived